Are you tall? Do you have knee pain or sciatica from the drivers seat angle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm 6' 4", and have put over 200K on two different 100 series. Driven cross country several times. Never had knee problems, but I think it's not just height, it proportions. My inseam isn't terribly long, and my biggest problem is headroom. Would you lose headroom with a setup like this? One of the problems is that angle, height, and forward/backward aren't all independent...

Not sure about headroom difference. I think it would allow a driver to sit in a more relaxed back position while being closer to the steering wheel. Maybe like a theater chair.

I'm 6'2.5" with (depending on pants) 36" inseam.

Funny you should link the seat jackers - I've been having issues with the seating angle in the 100 for years (first on my 04 LX, now my 04 LC) and just installed a set earlier this week. I'm 6ft, 190 with a 32 inch inseam and fondness for sitting a bit higher in the truck and closer to the steering wheel. The biggest problem for me is that the seat bottom isn't long enough to provide enough support for my thighs and then causes pain in my right knee and lower back. I had an 05 Tundra (DC, Limited trim with leather/power seats) prior to the LX - that seat/angle was perfect for me and I've been chasing it ever since. I figured maybe tilting the LC seat back a bit would provide a bit more support.

I ordered a set of the '2003-2021 4Runners, GX and FJ' seat jackers thinking that the bolt pattern might match up, and received them on Monday. They are definitely high quality pieces that look and feel very solid and sturdy. The door side fit perfectly, but the guide tab/pin on the console side doesn't completely match up so it's not a direct bolt in. After thinking about it for a bit, I went ahead and filed the pin off (console side only) and finished bolting everything up.

I'm still playing around trying to find the best seating position and haven't had a chance to drive more than a few miles at a time so I can't give a great deal of feedback yet. But so far, it does feel like there is a bit more support for my legs which seems to take some of the pressure off of my lower back.

This is very good news. Thanks for sharing! I may be the 2nd person to give it a try.

I'm about "Richard Hammond" height, so I'm not sure it's possible to feel empathy for folks with this issue .....

6'4" with some nice knee pain, never thought the seat would have an affect on that though. I always wrote it off to bum knees. I'd be interested if it would alleviate pain.

Same here, 6'-5" and I have a 'good' bad knee and 'bad ' bad knee. On long trips they definitely start hurting. It's worse in my 80 series than in the LX470. Anything that would help....would be well accepted. So PLEASE if anyone comes up with something that will work on either vehicle, let us know.

Subscribed for sure. I'm right at 6'2" 34" inseam and I think this would help to be in a more comfortable position for sure. My wife's Yukon XL Denali has a lot more seat adjustment(and better lumbar) and I can drive it for hours.

Same here, 6'-5" and I have a 'good' bad knee and 'bad ' bad knee. On long trips they definitely start hurting. It's worse in my 80 series than in the LX470. Anything that would help....would be well accepted. So PLEASE if anyone comes up with something that will work on either vehicle, let us know.

I ordered a set for FRONT SEAT JACKERS (2003-2021 4RUNNERS, GX, AND FJ). I will report back after installation.

I'm about "Richard Hammond" height, so I'm not sure it's possible to feel empathy for folks with this issue .....
Spoken like a true disciple! I like how you see all men in the world in only 3 sizes ;)

Not sure about headroom difference. I think it would allow a driver to sit in a more relaxed back position while being closer to the steering wheel. Maybe like a theater chair.

I'm 6'2.5" with (depending on pants) 36" inseam.
We are exactly the same height and inseam too. Look forward to your review. I’ll buy a set if it works out for you. Thanks for starting this thread.

Sub'd to see how this plays out. At 6'2" my knees and back can take all the help they can get.

I was gonna hit up @BenCC. I have the design figured out but hadn’t talked to him yet. I’ll get going on that.
I am working on a solution by swapping the switches to the passenger side.
C5D54B60-98C2-4AFE-828D-DDDCD46A934A.jpeg

Sorry, somehow ended up in the wrong thread on my phone.

Last edited:
I put the tacoma ones in my 2000 LC a few months ago. FRONT SEAT JACKERS (2005-2021 TOYOTA TACOMA) - https://desertdoesit.com/products/2005-2019-toyota-tacoma-1-1-4-front-seat-spacer-lifts-front-of-seat?variant=31194581532754&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAjwr_uCBhAFEiwAX8YJgcFFIHHPkecVKJaFEbV8-0qpPL1mP1PAX41OC5Kicmem1j4444DFmhoChjoQAvD_BwE I'm 6"4" and the seat is defiantly more comfortable. Headroom is the same is just the seat angle that is effected. I did have to trim off a tab with my grinder and slightly enlarge the mounting hole on the side closest to the passenger seat....to fit. Perhaps the ones @OwnerCS ordered will work better.... But I'm happy with the mod...I can take some pictures if there is interest...

I put the tacoma ones in my 2000 LC a few months ago. FRONT SEAT JACKERS (2005-2021 TOYOTA TACOMA) - https://desertdoesit.com/products/2005-2019-toyota-tacoma-1-1-4-front-seat-spacer-lifts-front-of-seat?variant=31194581532754&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAjwr_uCBhAFEiwAX8YJgcFFIHHPkecVKJaFEbV8-0qpPL1mP1PAX41OC5Kicmem1j4444DFmhoChjoQAvD_BwE I'm 6"4" and the seat is defiantly more comfortable. Headroom is the same is just the seat angle that is effected. I did have to trim off a tab with my grinder and slightly enlarge the mounting hole on the side closest to the passenger seat....to fit. Perhaps the ones @OwnerCS ordered will work better.... But I'm happy with the mod...I can take some pictures if there is interest...
Thanks for the feedback. Please post couple of pictures.

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

I had to cut one of the posts on the bottom of the bracket as it didn't line up with the hole...I figured it was not ideal but the bolts seem pretty beefy and one side has the "safety" post. In a severe collision I figured it should be fine but perhaps there is an engineer on here who knows better?

Funny you should link the seat jackers - I've been having issues with the seating angle in the 100 for years (first on my 04 LX, now my 04 LC) and just installed a set earlier this week. I'm 6ft, 190 with a 32 inch inseam and fondness for sitting a bit higher in the truck and closer to the steering wheel. The biggest problem for me is that the seat bottom isn't long enough to provide enough support for my thighs and then causes pain in my right knee and lower back. I had an 05 Tundra (DC, Limited trim with leather/power seats) prior to the LX - that seat/angle was perfect for me and I've been chasing it ever since. I figured maybe tilting the LC seat back a bit would provide a bit more support.

I ordered a set of the '2003-2021 4Runners, GX and FJ' seat jackers thinking that the bolt pattern might match up, and received them on Monday. They are definitely high quality pieces that look and feel very solid and sturdy. The door side fit perfectly, but the guide tab/pin on the console side doesn't completely match up so it's not a direct bolt in. After thinking about it for a bit, I went ahead and filed the pin off (console side only) and finished bolting everything up.

I'm still playing around trying to find the best seating position and haven't had a chance to drive more than a few miles at a time so I can't give a great deal of feedback yet. But so far, it does feel like there is a bit more support for my legs which seems to take some of the pressure off of my lower back.

I will be the 2nd person to order the Seat Jackers for 2003-2021 4Runners, GX and FJ The Tacoma ones look good also.

I've got the seat jackers in my 1st Gen Tacoma. The dude that makes them seems like a super cool dude. I bet if enough folks hit him up, he'd prob make some 100 series specific ones. He's outta Vegas, I'm sure there's somebody on here that's in Vegas... but if not, I live in his hometown in Southern Utah and he says he's up this way pretty regular. I don't really need the seat jackers in my 100, but I'm willing to help if needs be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom