Are you tall? Do you have knee pain or sciatica from the drivers seat angle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, Steve here from Desert Does It (my username is EasyDoesIt on Tacomaworld). I received no less than 5 emails or messages from folks inviting my to IH8Mud, so thank you all for the warm welcome.

We are a fairly new small business out of St. George Utah/Las Vegas Nevada that specializes in seat spacers and seat mount molle panels. We started in late 2019 making Seat Jackers for Tacoma's and have recently ventured into almost every other vehicle make. Our goal is to make useful niche products to improve the comfort and utility of your vehicle. All of our products are unique to Desert Does It, designed in house, machined, and powder coated in the US from US sourced material.

We have a several Toyota products but we've yet to be able to get our hands on any Land Cruisers. My business partner Joe has a full machine shop with multiple CNCs lathes and mills, we also have access to plasma/laser/water jet cutters.

With all that being said if anyone lives in the Southern Utah area and has Land Cruiser 100, 200 or Lexus equivalent, we'd love to use your vehicle to prototype.

I see what some of you have done to make our Tacoma/4Runner Seat Jackers work on your Land Cruisers and it looks very promising.

We can provide our Front Seat Jackers without the centering pin or possible move the centering pin over so it falls into the stock hole. In theory this seems pretty straight forward but we do like to confirm fitment on a vehicle we have in hand. This helps keep the number of prototypes low and insures the best possible fit.

Again, thank you all for the welcome and we look forward to producing solutions for the 100 and 200 Series Land Cruisers.

Steve
Desert Does It
Welcome and thanks for joining Steve. Hope you find a 100/200 series locally. If you don’t, would you be willing to make a prototype if one of us provides you with any dimension you need?

Hey @DesertDoesIt - I bought some Tacoma seat jackers and chatted with you a few months ago over on Tacoma World--Im on there as DigitalFerg. I'm the one that lives in Santa Clara. Ive got a 2005 LX470 you could test on if you are working on it over this way. Lemme know.

Hey @DesertDoesIt - I bought some Tacoma seat jackers and chatted with you a few months ago over on Tacoma World--Im on there as DigitalFerg. I'm the one that lives in Santa Clara. Ive got a 2005 LX470 you could test on if you are working on it over this way. Lemme know.

Thank you so much for volunteering. Please send me an email at Info@DesertDoesIt.com and we will setup a day and time. It shouldn't take more than a few hours at our shop (just down from Costco in the industrial area).

If you know of anyone with an LC200, send them our way.

6'4" 250, after about 3 hours driving in any vehicle my right hip is screaming, only thing that fixes it is stopping for a while or letting someone else drive. Sometimes I can avoid it a bit if I can use the cruise control for extended periods of time and can kick my right leg to the left and stretch. Motrin helps too.

I have not seen anyone on MUD talking much about Scheel Mann applications but I've heard several testimonials on other forums that people with severe back pain issues and the like swear by these aftermarket seats. MetalTech appears to be resellers for them as well...

My only complaint with my '05 LX has been with the bottom seat cushion foam. The previous owner was a big man and sliding in and out of the driver seat had played hell with the side bolster particularly... On a long ride, the seat bottom compresses and falls off to the outside. Please understand this is a first world problem here mates. ;) These LX seats are really super compared to most 4x4 applications out there.

The Scheel Mann's are pricey but word on the street from folks that did pull the trigger is why they waited so long. Their aches and pains are gone. Some have said they are therapeutic, so if some of you folks have good Doctors out there, you might be able to score some discounts via medical related expenses... :banana:

Cheers mates,
G

@DesertDoesIt this is exciting! I'm replying just so I notice this thread again when you have some for sale, and bumping for generaly visibility

FYI, here's a related thread on ih8mud that I've been active again, hoping to interest a small fab shop in making seat extensions for the 100 series. There's plenty of room to scoot BACK on LC 100s as well as tip back. Might be that @DesertDoesIt 's product actually solves the extension problem, but linking the thread for more context: Seat extensions for 100 Series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/seat-extensions-for-100-series.1005038/page-7#post-13783972

Might or might not be helpful, anyway, I'm totally down to buy a set of these once available, and happy to provide detailed testing notes

The only problem that I'm having is I enjoy driving it more now since the installation and I'm running up the miles. Ha!

If you're thinking a cover over the switch, @JJ_SC has a 3d printed cover over his CDL switch since he has the part time kit. It's one of the options I'm trying out. Since my knee hits it, I don't know if it'll stick around. I would like to move the button to the left of the steering wheel so its completely out of harms way, but I don't have any open spots with the RSCA and Tire Pressure buttons there. Also, once I move the button, I wonder what will go in its place? A 3d printed blank that's set back a bit could be good. I also debated looking into a bezel from a RHD cruiser that would fit there and look stock.
USB Ports.

My hundy is at the shop, will be putting these in as soon as she comes home

If somebody makes seat extensions, they have a guaranteed order from me. Seriously. Count me in too. 6'6", crying hips/knees.

Thank you so much for volunteering. Please send me an email at Info@DesertDoesIt.com and we will setup a day and time. It shouldn't take more than a few hours at our shop (just down from Costco in the industrial area).

If you know of anyone with an LC200, send them our way.
Did the fitment collaboration happen for 💯 series Seat Jackers mates?

Sorry ya'll. We haven't been able to line-up just yet. And now I may be trading the 100 off tomorrow in a deal for a 200.... 😬
Happy for you but sad for us brother...

my 2017 tundra has great seats. They are long as in the seat bottom extends to the back of my knee. My hundy seats are short. They stop a half a foot or more from the back of my knee. Has snyone tried to extend then with an extra piece of foam between the seat and back of knee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom