ARB rear lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats! They are a stout proven locker. You won't be sorry.

Excellent! You're first time out in the 80 was kind of a baptism by fire event...

Do this asap! I love my Metal Tech sliders, but it appears they don't make them for the '91.

OPOR FZJ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 Sliders

Yeah, that first was rough, but fun!

I was looking at Metal Tech, but they only go to 93. I found these 80 Series Rock Sliders: Landcruiser 80 Series Rock Sliders Only thing that kinda bothers me is how he says it sit's close to the body for extra ground clearance. But what about when they flex? Does it sit so close it goes into the body? It's made of 3/16 steel. So pretty beefy. And I like the cat cover.

Trail Tailor makes them for the 91/92. Look pretty good, I have no idea on quality, but apparently his bumpers and other products are quite nice. I think someone here has a rear bumper, maybe @Stoshu ???

80 Series Sliders

Trail Tailor, as far as I know has a great reputation. I think John Stumpo may have some of their products.

Check out @Cruisin' cruisinoffroad. Jason makes awesome sliders. His attachment method is IMO far and away the best.

As an added bonus if you order now he can probably add them to the pallet he's shipping to me soon and maybe save you some shipping costs.

Check out @Cruisin' cruisinoffroad. Jason makes awesome sliders. His attachment method is IMO far and away the best.

As an added bonus if you order now he can probably add them to the pallet he's shipping to me soon and maybe save you some shipping costs.
I ordered White Knuckle sliders already. Maybe for my 40 on the next upgrade.

I must say I do like how they attach, way better than large u-bolts. With the current exchange rate from CAD to USD , these will only be about $650 plus shipping. That's cheap. You might want to think about taking @fireball up on splitting the cost to ship a pallet...

Ben, what did you get from Cruisin Off Road - Armour for Land Cruisers - Sliders

kickout-w.jpg

I bought a set of sliders for the '06 100. And a set of aluminum skid plates. But those will just ship in a large box.

I have WKOR sliders on the 60 and love them. They do attach with U-bolts, but that was not a deal breaker for me. I like the ability to remove them as necessary. The bad thing is you need to shim out the brake lines to fit the U-bolts in (at least on 60's). I liked the quality, fit, and ease of installation so much, I ordered a set for the 80 too.

Trail Tailor @reevesci makes awesome products. Well built, beautiful welds, and nice design elements. He does make sliders for 80's and I believe may now even do them for the 91-92 years as well.
Jason is a stand up guy, who provides the best customer service you will find anywhere. I'm now on my third bumper fabrication with him and have had nothing but positive dealings each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom