ARB Elements Fridge now at REI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LXColorado

LX -> LC
Threads
REI is now stocking the ARB Elements Fridge.

Interesting how REI is pushing a few overland products nowadays. Their company culture has always been man-powered adventure, and having little environmental impact for adventures.

Anyways...thought I'd post so REI members can get a sweet dividend for this ;)

i bought my RTT from REI. (well my wife did for my b-day)

$1995 msrp
less 20% discount
Free shipping to the store.
and the dividend was like another $250

ended up paying like less then $1400 for new top of the line tepui 4 seasons rugged RTT.
and im pretty sure she got 1.5% back on her CC too.

i used to think that place was stupid over priced..but every once in a while they have crazy crazy good deals

Now if they would just start carrying ARB bumpers and stuff..

I really dont see why they dont do it now. I mean think about it, once your set up as a distributor, just sell it online and ship to store. They make money on just listing it on their website. I wouldnt be suprised if they start to sell the awnings and roof racks and stuff thats pretty universal fit.

Last REI "garage sale" I went to in Santa Fe, they had two RTTs for $400-600 each. Nothing wrong with them, probably didnt like the MPG hit.

So that 20% is now available!

Any thoughts on if the elements fridge is turkey worth the extra money? To me it sounds like the major improvements are to weatherproofing and honestly I don’t think that I would see a huge benefit from that. Is there something else that I am missing?

Tom

So that 20% is now available!

Any thoughts on if the elements fridge is turkey worth the extra money? To me it sounds like the major improvements are to weatherproofing and honestly I don’t think that I would see a huge benefit from that. Is there something else that I am missing?

Tom

I like that you can both lock the lid and also lock the touchpad to keep from settings being changed. Stainless hinges and body is a nice plus compared to the plastic of the original. The thing that concerns me the most is i dont see an easy or apparent way to strap this new one down securely. Using ARB straps on my old setup and it is rock solid.

Those are some tiny "bolts" to be securing a heavy fridge. They do mention the Element specific slide though!

Agreed!

I read a review that mentioned bolting the fridge to the slide... BUT... if you look at the pictures of the tie down kit it shows it being used in the slide. I am a little unclear and it sounds like these are just beginning to make it into the wild so probably not many people with experience yet.

i bought my RTT from REI. (well my wife did for my b-day)

$1995 msrp
less 20% discount
Free shipping to the store.
and the dividend was like another $250

ended up paying like less then $1400 for new top of the line tepui 4 seasons rugged RTT.
and im pretty sure she got 1.5% back on her CC too.

i used to think that place was stupid over priced..but every once in a while they have crazy crazy good deals

Now if they would just start carrying ARB bumpers and stuff..

That right there is 1/2 the reason I got out of the RTT business. REI uses the member coupon and dividend to go around the MAP (minimum advertised price) set by Tepui and other vendors. Tepui’s direct sales to consumers was the other. At times the consumer could buy a tent at the same or lower cost than I could order at wholesale. While these deals are great for you they hurt the small specialized retailers who offer a high level of service to our user group.

That right there is 1/2 the reason I got out of the RTT business. REI uses the member coupon and dividend to go around the MAP (minimum advertised price) set by Tepui and other vendors. Tepui’s direct sales to consumers was the other. At times the consumer could buy a tent at the same or lower cost than I could order at wholesale. While these deals are great for you they hurt the small specialized retailers who offer a high level of service to our user group.
While these deals are great for you they hurt the small specialized retailers who offer a high level of service to our user group.

Very true.

I should also add, my previous post was not meant as a guilt trip in any way for buying from REI. Tepui's policies was my reason for dropping. I did not feel they had a vested interest in my or any other small dealers success. They could have chosen to regulate REI closer on coupons. They could have chosen to stick to MSRP 100% of the time on their own website rather than under cut their dealers.

Once they sold out to Thule it was game over for me. I think Thule would have better policies but overnight every other Thule dealer was now a Tepui dealer or could be. I no longer had anything unique to offer a consumer over the other 10 places in town. So I bailed on RTT's.

All that said I really liked my Tepui tent and have no issue recommending one to anyone.

I no longer had anything unique to offer a consumer over the other 10 places in town.
Mad respect to all you vendors making a go of it with quality products that you stand behind.👊 @Corbet your cargo barrier was my first mod and 5 years later I can't imagine my 80 without it. Now if only that 60 series barrier had gone into production.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom