April Meeting

pappy

photosynthesizing
... is at my place. Saturday, 5 April, 6pm. Usual stuff.

8020 Dark Mesa Ave NW, ABQ, 833-2045.

From I-40: North on Unser to Ouray/Lava Bluff, third stop light. West (left) on Lava Bluff three streets to Dark Mesa. House #2 on right.

From RR: Come down Coors to Western Trail. Cut over west to Unser, second light. Unser south to Ouray/Lava Bluff, second light. West (right) on Lava Bluff three streets to Dark Mesa. House #2 on right.

Last edited:

DanS HJ-45

SILVER Star
Goodness gracious! One I can actually, definitely make it to!

Other than Skipper, Dan, and Onur--I haven't met a one of you. I'll bring the faux-Hilux!

Dan

pappy

photosynthesizing
And maybe some Baja stories that have been deemed inappropriate for this forum.

I'll be there for the stories...er, tall tales!

Talking about the trip is not a problem. Just at the request of a few I don't want to post anything to the Internet.

No real tales this trip. Rather smooth over all, except for the blasted roads. Pics are burned to a CD and it works in the DVD. I just can't make it repeat when it gets to the end.

Website
web.mac.com
Talking about the trip is not a problem. Just at the request of a few I don't want to post anything to the Internet.

No real tales this trip. Rather smooth over all, except for the blasted roads. Pics are burned to a CD and it works in the DVD. I just can't make it repeat when it gets to the end.

the intrigue is sure to gain us more members! :D

Can we hear da 40 run again? Seems like its been about a year since we started that thing up and I forgot what it sounded like.

-Mike-

I hear through the grapevine it's been so long the engine needs to be torn down and checked, and the tires are oxidized.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a CB antenna tuner and/or know how to tune them? I installed a new Firestik on the FJC and instructions said to tune it. Not sure how to do that. If anyone coming to the meeting can help - it would be appreciated....
Thanks - Paul

The key is to remember the higher the channel, the higher the frequency, so the shorter the wavelength. Try it on channel 1, then channel 40. If channel 1 is closer to 1 to 1, it's too long because channel 40 is further away from optimum. Adjust the length to make them equal.

pappy

photosynthesizing
BTW, for those of you sticking my address in Mapquest, or any of the other programs, including GPS, they put my house further down the street. Don't be fooled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom