Anyone with the 4x4Labs rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone who has the 4x4 Labs rear bumper on their 80 willing to send me a few measurments? I need to know where the spindles go.

Exactly how far from the corner of the outside of the bumper. Mine didn't come with pre-drilled holes. If I am off a little on the width, I can fix that when I build my tire carrier, but I don't want to drill a hole and end up too close to the hatch and have the swing out touch the truck.

Thanks in advance.
1484779001518-764160533.jpg

I think @lumbee1 posted this same topic in 80tecj or on the group buy thread and got a quick answer if you search around.

End result i believe was luke sent a new shell but since youre welded already check out his posts or maybe jonathan will chime in.

IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG

Hope those pictures help

so it's 29/32th of an inch from the end :)

Anyone who has the 4x4 Labs rear bumper on their 80 willing to send me a few measurments? I need to know where the spindles go.

Exactly how far from the corner of the outside of the bumper. Mine didn't come with pre-drilled holes. If I am off a little on the width, I can fix that when I build my tire carrier, but I don't want to drill a hole and end up too close to the hatch and have the swing out touch the truck.

Thanks in advance.View attachment 1384589
If you weren't welded up, Luke would have sent you a new shell with holes in it. I didn't have a way of cutting a clean hole in 3/16" plate so I contacted him about a solution. His shipping guy was screwing up with the orders. I was also missing the stop for the swingarms on the shell. I just happen to have some thick bar stock and used that instead.

Johnny u talking to me?

Need better pictures?

I have to weld up my bumper but probably going to wait until after I move to NC to get a better welder. My current is not up to the task.
:popcorn:

More pics needed!!

@96Cruiser13 are you going to paint or powder coat the bumper? I'm in process of painting mine and should have the main shell and arms completed this weekend. The tire carrier and jerry can holder will come later when I decided how to handle the LED's for the license plate light.

The tire carrier and jerry can holder will come later when I decided how to handle the LED's for the license plate light.
Yeah. That's kind of the problem with the 4X4L thing if you run swing outs. We all do it differently.

I found the old thread Free was talking about and cut some holes last night. Del, those pictures were AMAZING and EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks

Jonny, you'll see it tomorrow morning, but I will post more pics once I get the spindles welded in. Been drinking, but I'm going to give it a go... lol

Been drinking, but I'm going to give it a go... lol

Ryan this morning "soooooooooo, the swing arms are supposed to go on top of the bumpe? Who knew................"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom