Anyone using the new BFG KM3? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
It's almost time to think about tires for my 60 as I'm coming up on 25,000 miles on the K02's. How the time flies when you daily drive your race tractor.

I'm wondering if anyone has any miles on them and what their feedback is. I've had KO's, KO2's and this is the next step up for me.

I have them. So far so good. They seem to be doing real well as far as wear and noise. Much quieter than my KM2s were.

I think I have 5000 miles on them now and still as quiet as an AT and showing zero sign of wear.

1200B0D8-C3BD-4D0F-995C-31BF66C27FB6.jpeg

Thanks for the input. It's good to hear that they are quiet.

I'm on the fence over a 235/85-16 Yokohama G003 MT (32") on a 70 series wheel or just another set of 33/10.5-15. I don't need more spare parts laying around and I don't want to do a 33" on my 40 with the hand me down wheels.

I would be running Yokohama MT2003s on my 60 if they made them in 33x10.50-15 tho.

They are my favorite tire of my tires .....

Decisions, decisions....

It’s essentially a mud version of the K02, are you concerned with wear or noise? Since it hasn’t been out long there probably aren’t many that can give opinion on longevity but I wouldn’t doubt that 40k at 35psi would be the norm and still relatively quiet.

I'm concerned with noise over wear. I don't mind a good tire if it keeps the truck tire side down in a mess.

I'm at 25,000 at 32 psi on a stock wheel and they're wearing nicely with 5,000 mile rotations and balancing.

I'm concerned with noise over wear. I don't mind a good tire if it keeps the truck tire side down in a mess.

I'm at 25,000 at 32 psi on a stock wheel and they're wearing nicely with 5,000 mile rotations and balancing.

Man, how much tread left? I’m just a tick over 40k and I’d assume about 5k left while still usable on trail.

KM3 is my ideal next tire, just waiting to burn through these. Hopefully before SAS I’ll have them on.

Man, how much tread left? I’m just a tick over 40k and I’d assume about 5k left while still usable on trail.

KM3 is my ideal next tire, just waiting to burn through these. Hopefully before SAS I’ll have them on.
I'll check this weekend. They've not even chunked after a week of trails at 15psi. The sidewall is all in the right place when you air down.

Whatever you choose, be careful going wider than 10.5". You'll really feel the drag from wider tires.

Whatever you choose, be careful going wider than 10.5". You'll really feel the drag from wider tires.
I like the tall and narrow look, this truck will never have wide tires on it. If they still made a 33x9.5-15 I'd have that in a heartbeat!

Yup...255/85 R16. Surprisingly good mannered. Predictably bad on ice. About 5k on mine and very happy so far.

WTF? You're looking at new tires at 25k? We just replaced the wife's old Cooper HTPs that had close to 55k on them and they were just down to 3/32s (or whatever the number is when they are recommended to be replaced). I currently have about 24k on my Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx's and they are still going strong.

If increased noise is a concern then go with something other than KM3. I replaced a worn set of KO2s with the KM3s and the noise increase was noticeable. You can also feel the lugs as they hit the pavement at some speeds. At higher speed (at least for a loaded FJ60) in a corner you can feel a lateral rolling of the tire.

I may have 10k on a set and the wear is good. Size I'm running is 33 x 10.5 x 15. I've been pleased with their mud/gunk performance.

I would not run these as just a street tire.

@HemiAlex I vote that you look outside the box and go with Cooper!!! Forget about the big names like BFG, Michelin, Toyo and go with a bit smaller company that still offers a great products at a great price.

KO2 equivalent would be the AT3(4s)/ATP, RTX or ATw
KM3 equivalent would be the S/T Maxx, STT variants or new MTP for more muddy

@HemiAlex I vote that you look outside the box and go with Cooper!!! Forget about the big names like BFG, Michelin, Toyo and go with a bit smaller company that still offers a great products at a great price.

KO2 equivalent would be the AT3(4s)/ATP, RTX or ATw
KM3 equivalent would be the S/T Maxx, STT variants or new MTP for more muddy
For the record, I run Coopers on our plow/ranch truck and they are phenomenal tires in all respects.

It looks like those Coopers are only in 31x10.5 or 33x12.5 for 15” wheels, no 33x9.5 or 10.5. Unless I missed something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom