Anyone running a mild aftermarket camshaft with a stock motor or TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some real world experiences on aftermarket cams. Thanks!

I wonder how much the stock ECU can handle for cam changes?

Sub'd! I want to know this too. I'd like stroker experience too.

Looks like Kelford makes some.

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Kelford Cams - Toyota 1FZ-FE - 264 IN/264 EX

I had kelford cams in my Evo8 and they were great. Wonder how they do in our motors?

Nobody has written any reviews for this product so I really wonder if anyone has ever bought these cams?? If only someone was close enough to go to this business and talk to them.........Dontcha just luv digital advertising...they never tell you where they are located!!!!

Nobody has written any reviews for this product so I really wonder if anyone has ever bought these cams?? If only someone was close enough to go to this business and talk to them.........Dontcha just luv digital advertising...they never tell you where they are located!!!!

Evasive Motorsports
11829 Hamden Pl.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Hmmmm

In my backyard.

The area code is Pasadena. I'm really intersted in this too. That's a lot of money to ask for something with no documentation at all about the performance upgrage it might provide. I looked up the Kelford cams web site and they have several different advertised options.

Kelford Cams - 1FZ-FE

No dyno charts though.

I'm at 170k miles and there's a little knock on a cold start-up. I have a new head gasket, but the thing won't last forever. I've been leaning LS, but the 1fz is pretty stout. Part of me wants to keep it all Toyota, but with more hp. Really wish I had gotten an SC before they all went away.

I'm at 170k miles and there's a little knock on a cold start-up. I have a new head gasket, but the thing won't last forever. I've been leaning LS, but the 1fz is pretty stout. Part of me wants to keep it all Toyota, but with more hp. Really wish I had gotten an SC before they all went away.
Seems like people are still finding them out there. I recall someone finding one at a Toyota dealer somewhere recently.

What would be the downside of swapping a set of cams?

If it would raise the power by 20-25 HP and the torque by the same amount, it would negate the need and expense that comes with swapping in a 4.7 V8 (See's $25K job).

Wow, $925 for a camset - any other options or more importantly -experience- from any of our buddies Down Under?

I'd see what the Aussie guys have to say if it was me. See if they have any answers.

Also, I'd want to see a dyno sheet - also if this is 2 cams,or just either a intake or exhaust cam.

Wow, $925 for a camset - any other options or more importantly -experience- from any of our buddies Down Under?

I'd see what the Aussie guys have to say if it was me. See if they have any answers.

Also, I'd want to see a dyno sheet - also if this is 2 cams,or just either a intake or exhaust cam.

264 IN/264 EX

They have 0 info on these cams. They are just the retailer, no manufacturer provided info, no dyno numbers.
The guy just read off of the website, saying it does not require anything else, as it is a stage 1.

Kelford is based in New Zealand.

Maybe someone ca translate this stuff:

225-A Camshaft Set

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 4.11.54 PM.png

It is around $950 for both intake and exhaust, they appear to be very nice cams, I have a set sitting on my shelf. Evasive is a great company, I buy a lot of all my parts from them or Titan for engine internals. They are just resellers but they are prompt, easy to deal with and will get just about anything you need.

I asked if they also install them, but Evasive was being evasive. They say they charge $125/hr of labor plus gaskets and other things.
:)

After the install, is it better to run higher octane gasoline?

I am sure they could do it, but they likely wouldn't want to mess with it since like most shops they have a specific bread and butter. With cams you really should pull the head and do valves, etc when you do them. You don't have to you could shim them in place, just easier out of the truck.

You shouldn't have to change octanes.

I asked if they also install them, but Evasive was being evasive. They say they charge $125/hr of labor plus gaskets and other things.
:)

After the install, is it better to run higher octane gasoline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom