How do you remove small window on backdoors (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m replacing all the seals in each door and plan on doing the small window on the back doors. But I can’t seem to see how it comes out. It doesn’t appear to be bolted in place or anything. TIA!

EB854B73-9827-457B-8428-611678A71A9B.jpeg

The metal vertical runner in between the small fixed glass and the opening glass has to be loosened and moved out of the way. It secures with a couple of bolts inside the body of the door plus under the door seal right at the top there is another screw that's hidden.

If you move that runner away you can then wiggle the glass and it's rubber until it comes out.

Depending what you're doing with the main glass piece you could take that out as well once it's freed from the up/down mechanism.

The metal vertical runner in between the small fixed glass and the opening glass has to be loosened and moved out of the way. It secures with a couple of bolts inside the body of the door plus under the door seal right at the top there is another screw that's hidden.

If you move that runner away you can then wiggle the glass and it's rubber until it comes out.

Depending what you're doing with the main glass piece you could take that out as well once it's freed from the up/down mechanism.
Well now that's what im stuck on, trying to get the main door glass out because I'm replacing the window run as well. But im use to the front windows being bolted to the motor, as the rears look like they're one piece. Anything on how to remove it? Looks like FSM says to completely unbolt the motor.

They're not one piece but the only have a single roller on one arm connected to the mechanism (motorised or not - my 80 is all manual windows) via the 'runner' attached to the bottom of the glass instead of the scissor lift arm setup used for the front doors with two rollers.

If you disconnect (for electric ones), then unbolt the mechanism (3 or 4 bolts - not sure), you can wiggle it to run the arm and roller out of the 'runner' attached to the bottom of the main glass. Then the glass is free to move around.

With the middle metal runner freed up, take out the small glass, removed the channel rubber, and then remove the middle runner, and the main glass comes out easily. I don't know if that's FSM-specific.

Gotcha, I have the motor unbolted the window is free to move up and down. I have that dividing rod unbolted so it has some wiggle room. But im fighting to get the right angle to get the window out of the run to pull out.

This is what I watched to do mine a few weeks back. It's for the Highlander but same on ours.

Reviving for a question. Did a search and couldn’t find anything. I’m looking for the rubber that goes around the little window where did you find it?

Reviving for a question. Did a search and couldn’t find anything. I’m looking for the rubber that goes around the little window where did you find it?
I also made this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom