anti freeze leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found leak behind crank pulley by oil pan just in front of it.There bolts there tight is there a gasket a drip drip drip anyone seen this before low milage cruiser to 60,000 miles.Im lost and really do not want to take off as I old and on oxygen full time.
I wonder how many hours to change and is they a seal gasket oil wtf?I am lost

what year engine?
several things it could be, most likely candidate is the waterpump, waterpump gasket or the gasket between block and pump.
either way it needs to be removed and either fixed or replaced

thermostat assembly is above the water pump, it could be something there also
could also be a hose connection or hose to the water pump

I SHOULD MENTION ITS A 1983 AND NOT JUST A GEAR COVER MORE TO IT. opps sorry yes 2f engine but seem that where it leaking as dry around water pump and cannot find anything on you tube been looking for 7 hours and I lost.I do not want torn down until I know more.Why they changed this as none of my older ones had this style.2F engine.Or if there a image that would help too!!!

thanks so much I did that but getting it to look well it full and my eyes well are old.I got tons of lights on it mirrors sorry I should have given year dumb me for sure.
I just at a loss of what under there really .The upper block lilke under the water pump is dry.just seems to drip a little bit at the oil pan in front part.Then drops to the diiff.
Thanks for the help guys and or gals so appreciate the help more than you know.My maual does not show newer engines.
I tried to google it but no luck

I would think if gasket from water pump it would hit and not come to the weird set up for timing cover.
I found leak behind crank pulley by oil pan just in front of it.There bolts there tight is there a gasket a drip drip drip anyone seen this before low milage cruiser to 60,000 miles.Im lost and really do not want to take off as I old and on oxygen full time.
I wonder how many hours to change and is they a seal gasket oil wtf?I am lost.
I thought I’d throw a ivtire in she onl up got 69,000 miles seats look new no sags the Toyota a/c works I had for 15 years never tried it but my son try it o was amaze. It was brought from a very rich man kept in climate control garage so he only drove when snowed in as lives on a side of a mountain drive lambo S and and bunch of next lever cars. I myself love FJ had them all my life but this is better than a two year one I had. I took every nut and bolt out broke one under running board 14 ml I very sick lungs are done so trying to sell and of course a guy wants to come so I change the cooler and then this started. A couple days ago after I did it. Bad luck. Any ideas what it worth. Prior to Covid apprasail was 110,000 and change I thought 70,000 I been offered 50 but try to replace and I love it always took care of it. Thought I just share a bit. Sorry for long writing but that comes with low oxygen screws bad with brain I wear oxygen full time. Painted to many cars with no mash I think cause it

71877830125__F7C56317-9C3A-4FE4-A48A-F7454EAFDF4E.jpeg

71877824767__9377533D-4156-4CC7-A1CD-FE44E3DE384F.jpeg

71877829412__FE1CD9BF-98AD-4589-B71E-1ECA7D9A27BE.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

I would think if gasket from water pump it would hit and not come to the weird set up for timing cover.

I thought I’d throw a ivtire in she onl up got 69,000 miles seats look new no sags the Toyota a/c works I had for 15 years never tried it but my son try it o was amaze. It was brought from a very rich man kept in climate control garage so he only drove when snowed in as lives on a side of a mountain drive lambo S and and bunch of next lever cars. I myself love FJ had them all my life but this is better than a two year one I had. I took every nut and bolt out broke one under running board 14 ml I very sick lungs are done so trying to sell and of course a guy wants to come so I change the cooler and then this started. A couple days ago after I did it. Bad luck. Any ideas what it worth. Prior to Covid apprasail was 110,000 and change I thought 70,000 I been offered 50 but try to replace and I love it always took care of it. Thought I just share a bit. Sorry for long writing but that comes with low oxygen screws bad with brain I wear oxygen full time. Painted to many cars with no mash I think cause it

View attachment 3454211

View attachment 3454214

View attachment 3454215

View attachment 3454236
I should mention that on top of the the timing chain cover it is dry so if it was coming from the water pump you think it would be the UPC some antifreeze on it just my two cents worth again again.

Thanks for anybody that maybe that’s run through this problem before,

That's a nice looking rig - you have done well taking care of it. Yea it sucks getting old, blind and weak ask me how I know. I would think one of those mobile mechanic's could both find and fix the problem. Ask around first. Know any folks that are car people or have kids that are.

its the s***s when easy stuff you4 not able to do and usually do more screw ups, my 07 fjcruiser I pulled the wrong plug to dain oil.I even check it let a drop out and was black.
went into the house came out 1st thing i smellled tranny fuild Lol
Good thing really was due as the color was dark so ended up flushing it all out then needed two of us with hand pump to get it then heat it up to make sure level was fine so sometimes works out losing one mind.
I try this water pump as not paying for anyone one doing simple job. (well I hope simple and not do somethind dumb again!
hard to get decent picture sorry but has to be as not a frost plug just reflecting downward.
The odd thing until I changed fuild never driped and I use the red for catipiller anti freeze
Man I hat e getting old but mostly my lungs which effects so much THANK EVERYONE

Where are located? Maybe a local fj40 guy could come by and help diagnose?
out around Edmonton area just west 25 minutes but no noone as since I ve gotten sick I really see no one like I give them some sickness.LOl

I should mention that on top of the the timing chain cover it is dry so if it was coming from the water pump you think it would be the UPC some antifreeze on it just my two cents worth again again.

Thanks for anybody that maybe that’s run through this problem before,
Sorry what UPC???

what year engine?
several things it could be, most likely candidate is the waterpump, waterpump gasket or the gasket between block and pump.
either way it needs to be removed and either fixed or replaced

thermostat assembly is above the water pump, it could be something there also
could also be a hose connection or hose to the water pump
1983 fj 40 I didnt no gasket between block I guess behind water pump and more what involved timing cover any other stuff as I cannot see it really sorry if dumb question and thanks for help!!1

I have a dumb question but the bolts that hold the fan blade on are right to tighen and left to undo.
I pulled the rad which didnt need to but ther S e tight.If I put a propane torch on the bolt would that help or heat the housing!
I forget but so thight one wanted to round off so I check before I scerw it up.
the rest nuts and bolts came off so easy as the skid plate came off easy to.
Tken me all day but better slow not to srew it up but took so many hours but its fun too.
I feel so great when it works and done right .
I used red coolent shouldnt hurt nothing made for GM vehicles but the 2f engine came from the old chevy 235 engine but these have much more power.
Any idea wha6 this cruiser worth as low miles not a scatcjh dent but two tiny rock chips.Web have a quater mile of gravel til pavement but I go slow and i drive in the ditch nd no mess for neighbors, I see if I have any of the seats interior not surre really

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_3682.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

Last edited:
I post these so someone may know value to sell 68,000 miles needs nothing but a water pump may be fust a gasket but I replace the water pump too as doing all this work tearing down so I ve clean the rad with water but was clean I do the heater core tomorrow as I beat not just need to know which way the pulley bolts turn to come off as they tight whan every thing else was a easy removed.I just want3d everyone to se thew floor no rust no patches all original.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom