Another overheating thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Apologies for my absence.

I have given up and took her to the shop that did the head gasket.

Got a call from them today that they agree she’s running hot but can’t pinpoint why.

Words were said that “this just might be the new baseline” when they called me today which i can’t accept.

Either way they’re going to keep testing and will be in touch. My hunch is the head gasket repair wasn’t done correctly unless it’s something worse
 
You could always get another sensor and test resistance at 220 degrees and compare OHMs not 100% accurate way to do it but there are OHM specs for temp sensors and you could see if they have different specs. I’d bet a calibrated meat thermometer and a pot of hot water can tell you a lot. What brand of temp sensor did you get? I’ve gotten parts that were out of spec or didn’t work ( even OE although more rare )
 
You could always get another sensor and test resistance at 220 degrees and compare OHMs not 100% accurate way to do it but there are OHM specs for temp sensors and you could see if they have different specs. I’d bet a calibrated meat thermometer and a pot of hot water can tell you a lot. What brand of temp sensor did you get? I’ve gotten parts that were out of spec or didn’t work ( even OE although more rare )

sounds like his mechanic has his 80, and they're not able to find the cause of the overheating. Curious to see how this issue gets resolved.
 
Back
Top Bottom