Alu Cab Gen 3 Expedition RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Otter what is the easiest way to take care of the bungy type cord that takes the canvas in. In reviews where it is on the floor they lift it to the top, not something I could do standing on the back of my cruiser

I pull it down and hook it on the bottom lip. I would never be able to push it up. It attaches towards the bottom edge at the front anyway, so there's less tension.

@Romer just saw your post. Congrats! That's a great deal! It fits on your 200 perfectly. Looks great!

@Romer forgot to mention, if I haven't posted it already, swap the zipper pulls for cord pulls. One windy night and you'll thank me.

IMG_20190309_182206.jpg

Curious if other owners have modified their suspension with the Alu-Cab. I noticed a little more sway, but nothing major and I am sure there is some additional spring compression

I could go with a stiffer shock (BP-51 adjustable) and not sure on having to upgrade the springs. I will take a before/after ,measurement when I take it off the cruiser for the winter. Need to modify my Racor Garage ceiling hoist ($150 on Amazon). It has a 250lb load, but need to extend the mount bars (Make longer) and also going to add a couple of support straps that I can tighten once raised off my truck. I'll post pictures once I get that all figured out

Curious if other owners have modified their suspension with the Alu-Cab. I noticed a little more sway, but nothing major and I am sure there is some additional spring compression

I upgraded to OME 2866s in the rear on my 100 after adding the tent. I was already in need of new springs though. I had 30mm spacers on the stock springs with a Dissent rear bumper, fridge, compressor, and a semi drawer system in the rear. I was sitting level, but the tent pushed me over the edge so I upgraded to the progressive springs. That put me exactly where I wanted and I'll probably do the same on my new truck.

Thanks Otter. Since I have a 200 the numbers wont match. I started with OME heavies due to bumpers drawers etc. When I added an aux tank and second spare tire I changed out the rear springs again, can't recall the number but can look up when I get home.

Christo suggested I switch from the OME shocks to the BP-51s because they are adjustable

Thanks Otter. Since I have a 200 the numbers wont match. I started with OME heavies due to bumpers drawers etc. When I added an aux tank and second spare tire I changed out the rear springs again, can't recall the number but can look up when I get home.

Christo suggested I switch from the OME shocks to the BP-51s because they are adjustable

Totally understand it would be different for the 200. Sounds like you've got a bit more weight than I do anyway.

I'm just using new OEM shocks.

@Otter Did you get the Side rain cover?

With my 200 series I have to put the ladder on the side vs rear and that looked like a good option

@Otter Did you get the Side rain cover?

With my 200 series I have to put the ladder on the side vs rear and that looked like a good option

I do not have it, but it's on my wish list. I also use the side entrance.

@Otter where did you source a new mattress from? In that same boat as I type

@Otter where did you source a new mattress from? In that same boat as I type

I purchased a 3 inch medium firm latex topper from Amazon. Extra full fits with a little trimming. I recently added a 1 inch soft topper to that. I think after almost two years in Phoenix heat, the latex firmed up a bit.

I purchased a 3 inch medium firm latex topper from Amazon. Extra full fits with a little trimming. I recently added a 1 inch soft topper to that. I think after almost two years in Phoenix heat, the latex firmed up a bit.

Awesome, got a link? Just picked up a hardly used tent and going through all the suggested improvements. All the rivets have already been sealed which is great. Just need to clean it up, move the ladder bracket to the passenger side and maybe add a desiccant pack or two and see if it sucks up any moisture inside. This is all mattress and ladder upgrades aside, ladders on order.

Awesome, got a link? Just picked up a hardly used tent and going through all the suggested improvements. All the rivets have already been sealed which is great. Just need to clean it up, move the ladder bracket to the passenger side and maybe add a desiccant pack or two and see if it sucks up any moisture inside. This is all mattress and ladder upgrades aside, ladders on order.

Pretty sure this is the brand - Pure green latex topper

Cool thanks! I’ll have to measure the length, I see the twin XL, but not Full XL, I’ll look around more.

Now that I think about it, I believe I ordered the full xl direct from sleep on latex. I ordered the full from Amazon and it was a lot shorter than the stock mattress. The company shipped me a box to return it, since it tripled in size after opening. They then sent the full xl.

The 1 inch topper I recently ordered was just a regular full. I was in a hurry since my wife was coming on a trip, and it's not so short that it was a problem. Only a couple inches at bottom of tent.

Now that I think about it, I believe I ordered the full xl direct from sleep on latex. I ordered the full from Amazon and it was a lot shorter than the stock mattress. The company shipped me a box to return it, since it tripled in size after opening. They then sent the full xl.

The 1 inch topper I recently ordered was just a regular full. I was in a hurry since my wife was coming on a trip, and it's not so short that it was a problem. Only a couple inches at bottom of tent.

Ok makes sense, I’ll send them a message and see what I get.

FYI, the Exped MegaMat DUO 10LW is a perfect fit inside the AluCab. And also the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom