All the "oh crap" lights are on (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started my rig, 93 HDJ81 and majority of my warning lights came on. Everything sounded OK, at idle, and up to 2000rpm while in park. Fluids check ok. My voltage is reading a bit low on digital dash gauge I have, reading 11 volts and didn't fluctuate up when I revved the engine up to 2000 rpm. I haven't started further diagnostics yet. Any diagnostic help is appreciated, thank you.

Lights on after starting

20230806_185722.jpg

Started my rig, 93 HDJ81 and majority of my warning lights came on. Everything sounded OK, at idle, and up to 2000rpm while in park. Fluids check ok. My voltage is reading a bit low on digital dash gauge I have, reading 11 volts and didn't fluctuate up when I revved the engine up to 2000 rpm. I haven't started further diagnostics yet. Any diagnostic help is appreciated, thank you.
Rev it past 3500 RPM briefly to re-excite the alternator to see if it solves it.

If so, the regulator is going out in the alternator.

I'm in the same camp as above, 11V is 3-4V too low. Start with the alternator, work out from there.

damn dude, sorry for your loss. i can hook up the trailer and head to VA this weekend to get it from you.

but no, 100% a voltage issue. most likely the alt has gone bad.

If everything was Ok and you haven’t filled the alternator with mud lately then my money would be on the Alternator brushes being the problem. An easy fix and cheaper than a replacement alternator. It is even possible to replace the brushes without removing the alternator if you are a bit flexible.

If everything was Ok and you haven’t filled the alternator with mud lately then my money would be on the Alternator brushes being the problem. An easy fix and cheaper than a replacement alternator. It is even possible to replace the brushes without removing the alternator if you are a bit flexible.
How many brushes should I order? Local dealer has them for $5.00. Appreciate the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom