Builds AK HJ-75 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the 1HD-FT hasn't run in over 10yrs so who knows what problems there might be lurking with the injectors and/or fuel pump. I had done the BEB's on it, replaced the timing belt/tensioner/water pump, removed the emissions crap(which still leaves to be seen if I did it right) replaced a number of other little hard lines and such. I also have a 12V starter for it. The 12HT I am also considering the guy rebuilding it claims 225ht/600torque and life span of at least 500,000km as long as it doesn't get overheated or I do anything stupid.
Those figures are quite likely achievable and a 12HT is a nice engine and is an easy swap with a 2H. If the 1HD-FT hasn't run in 10 years I would want to get the pump and injectors gone through and possibly take off the head and make sure all is good. The problem is (and I have the same dilemma with the 1VD now) if the pump and injectors might need a once-over, stock ones are not going back on, and of I do that, I will need more turbo and clutch, etc etc...)

Those figures are quite likely achievable and a 12HT is a nice engine and is an easy swap with a 2H. If the 1HD-FT hasn't run in 10 years I would want to get the pump and injectors gone through and possibly take off the head and make sure all is good. The problem is (and I have the same dilemma with the 1VD now) if the pump and injectors might need a once-over, stock ones are not going back on, and of I do that, I will need more turbo and clutch, etc etc...)

Exactly, my BJ74 sat for 4ish years with a bad head gasket and the diesel turned to a gummy shellac substance that necessitated a full pump and injector rebuilds along with cleaning the fuel tank and lines. IMO, I'd probably still plan for a cleaning/rebuild on those.

Might as well do the turbo while I'm at it...then might as well :D

Decided on a rebuilt 12HT. Estimated arrival early January. At least it will stay period correct. Still have to decide if I want to/have time to do a rhd to lhd swap. So the 1HD-FT/H151/HF2A will be up for sale at some point.

So the Prado is gone

6B9E0EE3-B2F7-46E1-AD75-B5123B92FC77.jpeg

So do you still have the 1HDT combo, or is it gone?

Looking great! So how about are you going to go about the left hand conversion?

Looking great! So how about are you going to go about the left hand conversion?
probably just easier to show as I go through it. I did this swap on the LJ I sold so I plan on doing it the same way, don't know if it's the best but it worked. Stay tuned ;)

Poser shot, almost home.

Home

Clean
Omg, your trip reminds me of my motorcycle trip back 12 years ago! Can't believe its been so long since then!
Great pics and truck!

I’d like to see that alternator bracket cause mines got the overhead AC bracket
attached to it. I’ve not seen a stand alone alternator bracket on a 12HT before.
I think it might be more than April, at least here anyways.
This is all 12V is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom