Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Floor.

D02F64B3-E403-4B8F-B50A-FC52E28654FA.jpeg

8AB49D15-3588-40F0-828D-436CFB359B17.jpeg

I see two holes in the bottom of the window frame, sort of where the rubber molding sits on the lower
level. Why are those there? I had my 74 painted and that hole was there. There is one on each side,
just outboard of the wiper attachment. I sealed mine, cause I wasn't too sure that wasn't where water was
coming in. Don't know what you think or know?

If I think I know which ones you are asking about I would assume that that is where some of the push buttons that are in the weather stripping are pushed into, kind of like the weather stripping around the door. I didn't remove that weather stripping so can't tell for sure.

I see two holes in the bottom of the window frame, sort of where the rubber molding sits on the lower
level. Why are those there? I had my 74 painted and that hole was there. There is one on each side,
just outboard of the wiper attachment. I sealed mine, cause I wasn't too sure that wasn't where water was
coming in. Don't know what you think or know?
Are you talking about the drain holes? Rust starts around those as they get blocked with dirt/grime

I guess it might be a drain. The hole in mine was right behind the hinge. I plugged it with a weld.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but to me this has been a possible source of water coming into the cabin. I also didn't have one on the LH side.

I guess it might be a drain. The hole in mine was right behind the hinge. I plugged it with a weld.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but to me this has been a possible source of water coming into the cabin. I also didn't have one on the LH side. View attachment 1903699

I could be wrong here but it seems that some of the models with the fold down windshield frame actually came with some sort of contact there so that something could show that the windshield was down ( hard to miss that though seeing how it lays flat on your hood)

It is for the switch to kill the windshield wiper circuit when the windshield is folded down. I would not expect to find an actual switch there unless the vehicle has rest blocks and folding wiper arms.

It is for the switch to kill the windshield wiper circuit when the windshield is folded down. I would not expect to find an actual switch there unless the vehicle has rest blocks and folding wiper arms.
so there would be two kill switches? mine has two holes, one on each side.

One only. I suspect it is fitted on the driver's side.

I do not find catalog evidence of a plug. Presumably the windshield spacer (the gasket between the frame and the cowl) is counted on to seal it. The switch itsself, if it was present, would be a plunger type like a door courtesy switch and therefore not sealed. The spacer is the same for both RHD and LHD and I bet there are holes in it that match up with both of the cowl holes.

Perhaps Beno can chime in at some point. He folds his windshield on a regular basis as he has rest blocks and folding wipers.

So they do in fact provide access to inside the cab. They aren't a switch with external wiring that then runs
through the firewall lower down?
FWIW, I just finished putting mine all back together so I'm not about to go out and fold it down. I don't recall
any kind of hole or factory finished access for a button switch to stick up.

I have the same hole on left side (LHD). It’s not a through hole that goes inside the cab. It ends up in the cowl. It looks like mine had tape over it before sand blasting.

@coldtaco: while you are there, wouldnt be a good time to take apart the windshield wiper linkage and see if the bushings are worn or if you can add some grease to them? The metal parts that have each 3 screws have the plastic bushings inside. I think the middle one gets most damage from use.
If you can wiggle by hand the thread that comes through them, then bushings are probably quite worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom