Aisan SD40 Big Window Carburetor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics from Foxfab's sexy 25 project to break up the two manuals....

DSC00047_sm.JPG

DSC00058_sm.JPG

Here is another one.

Awesome looking carb, thank you for posting that. What is the date stamp on that one? I am curious when the gray windows started.

Date is ------ 1 L 4

With that said, since I received the carb from a great person, the plate in there may have been changed or so. In other words, I cannot verify if over the years nothing was changed.

I sure why I took these pictures but here a few early minus the plate in the float windows. I know I have two with plates and maybe another one minus the plate. Also have a few of the later small window one barrel carburetors. Those have the idle solenoid.

early SD40 carbs 002.JPG

early SD40 carbs 003.JPG

Nice John, I have a question I have a few with the blue plates a few years ago I picked up one with a grey plate what year did that come out

Hey Rob. I believe the grey plates started 65-67. not sure of the exact change over to be honest, just know that all my early carbs were blue plates and later grey.

Hopefully John or Mike can confirm

Here are some pictures of the gray and blue "plate, oil level gauge back" :)

Must have lost something in the translation or.... I have been putting gas in my Cruiser when I should have been filling it with diesel!

Also verified that all of these carbs have the lines on the housing behind the plates making me wonder if those without a blue or gray plate are just missing them.

DSC_8194lowrez.jpg

DSC_8199lowrez.jpg

Last edited:
Gave re-soldering a few of my floats a go today. I think it worked out as they both float again. Both floats were full of fuel even though you couldn't see a crack anywhere. I un-soldered the tiny hole in the top and used compressed air (about a foot away) and it was just enough pressure to both spray the fuel out and expose the hairline cracks. I had the float upside down and the air pressure found its way into the float so the fuel came out the hole.

Minor repair:
IMG_0814.JPG

Major repair:
IMG_0811.JPG

filled the inside with a thin layer of solder
IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

I know this posting is two years old but I am taking a wild hair shot at asking if you might have either an SD40 big window carb for sale or if you might have a sell a sight glass. I have what I think is a pretty good carb but it is lacking a sight glass. Thanks in advance for your time.

Would anyone have any idea on the value of an SD40 ? Last one I saw was on ebay and they were asking 1500.00 . And it was in need of a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom