AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, should be more than strong enough. If you give me a weight example I could test it out to verify. I have an ARB fridge and fridge slide I could test on an actual SS1 platform. We could even supply some additional 1/4-20 prop nuts for you to make the fridge slide easily removable.

The material we use is top notch stuff. My favorite use so far was bringing home a 300# gun safe. Platform didn't creak or budge at all. The fridge slide can be a little different if you've got 100 #'s cantilevered out, but I still think the platform is more than strong enough.

The ARB systems use a plywood top if I recall correctly. We use the best Baltic Birch available. Should be similar or better than what's in the ARB systems.
Awesome. It’s getting pretty late over here on the East Coast. I’ll shoot you a PM tomorrow with what I’m thinking about. Thanks.

Guys, the 200 section your website needs some investment. Please post more pictures, descriptions, testimonials, videos, whatever... I'm in the market for drawers, and have been waiting for Landshark to start selling again, for a long time (or at least what feels like it). I want to consider your new offering as a possible alternative, but I have no idea what the production version really looks like, what parts I'd need for a functioning two drawer system, and what all of the parts will cost. The 200 section has a little more info now, but is still way short on information. It may just be me, but I am not ready to throw down drawer system kind of money without more info.

Guys, the 200 section your website needs some investment. Please post more pictures, descriptions, testimonials, videos, whatever... I'm in the market for drawers, and have been waiting for Landshark to start selling again, for a long time (or at least what feels like it). I want to consider your new offering as a possible alternative, but I have no idea what the production version really looks like, what parts I'd need for a functioning two drawer system, and what all of the parts will cost. The 200 section has a little more info now, but is still way short on information. It may just be me, but I am not ready to throw down drawer system kind of money without more info.

Agreed it's very bare on pictures. We've got more we can add, but this thread contains most the good ones so far. Since neither Kyle nor I own a 200 we're a little limited on marketing materials right now. That will get better as the systems get out there and more customers start sharing their installs.

We'll try to get together a more complete summary on what's included in each kit today. You're right, we could be more descriptive. Good feedback.

Nice! Is the 1/2 width or single drawer with 1/2 platform version in your plans?

Thanks for all the great feedback! Just for reference on the weight capacity, here's a pic from when I had about 900 pounds of landscaping material on my sleeper. Granted this is pretty evenly distributed weight, but even at this weight I didn't hear any scary sounds on the drive home and continued using that sleeper for years. We have found these systems to be very strong.
Landscape Load.jpg

Posted a new video to our youtube channel. This is an overview of the features of an SS1 system with sleeper and drawers. The system in the video is for a 4runner, but it's basically the same for the 100/200 landcruisers. As I mention in the video, just a different sleeper mechanism.

Do you sell single side with drawer?

we have received a lot of requests for a 'half' system! We have been working on a concept that would allow the SS1 to be used in a single-sided application. Threre are a few projects in the que, but this is something we are hoping to get to this year to be able to offer.

The current concept would even allow it to be modular (with some interchangable, brackets, etc) so that you can run a single-sided option or full width.

Hi Everyone,
We are very excited to announce a new offering for the SS1 drawer system! This is a 'Beauty Panel' Cover that provides a clean, finished appearance to the SS1 drawers.
Mud BP Blk.JPG
Mud BP blk open door.JPG

Underwing storage access is provided via a hinge that opens 170 degrees allowing full, easy access. The hinge has a snap close feature, firmly holding the door in place while closed. The panels are made from textured HDPE material, creating an excellent finish that will help reduce the appearance of any damage, dirt, etc. that will be encountered with heavy drawer use. The HDPE also makes for easy cleanup, a simple wipe down to remove any spills, smudges, etc.

These can be retrofitted onto existing drawers with a few holes drilled in the drawer faces. Future drawers will be offered with the holes pre-drilled to accommodate these as a simple bolt-on addition. They will initially be offered in black and gray. All of the pics are installed in a 100, but we have found the contour on the 'door' to also work on the 200 well.
Mud BP gray.JPG

Mud BP gray.JPG

These can be found at Beauty Panel for SS1 Drawers 100 and 200 (shipping ~September 14, 2020)

Great looking and functional setup. Never seriously considered a draw system until I saw these. I especially like the fact they actively looked to rid the system of rattles.

Great looking and functional setup. Never seriously considered a draw system until I saw these. I especially like the fact they actively looked to rid the system of rattles.
Definitely. Rattles are the bane of my sanity. I had two 10" subwoofers and a 500W amp under my SS1 in my 99LC. It was imperative that the system not have any rattles at all. Since it's such a simple design, we greatly minimized mating corners/edges/hardware/brackets and other features that can cause rattles/squeaks.

Definitely. Rattles are the bane of my sanity. I had two 10" subwoofers and a 500W amp under my SS1 in my 99LC. It was imperative that the system not have any rattles at all. Since it's such a simple design, we greatly minimized mating corners/edges/hardware/brackets and other features that can cause rattles/squeaks.
Take my money since you take rattles so seriously! Nothing worse.

Where are you guys located? I couldn't find it on your web page.

Take my money since you take rattles so seriously! Nothing worse.

Where are you guys located? I couldn't find it on your web page.
Mailing address in Boulder and Kyle and I have home shops just outside Denver metro on the north side.

Anybody out there using this system? Was looking at the Landshark Reef system, but that website has been down for nearly a month. Like this more, but also costs more. Was hoping to hear thoughts from some owners.

I really like the new fronts. They give a nice, finished look. And I REALLY like the hinged side access.

I have the reef system and have been happy with it. I have the wing end caps off at the moment, for ease of access. Hinged would be the best of both worlds.

As I recall the cost of these was quite a lot higher, but I could be wrong. When I was looking to buy, I looked at this air down gear up (reef was out of stock for a long time), but the website didn't have much information on it for 200 series, and that made it challenging to commit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom