AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to get a half-width sleep platform? When I'm out by myself it would be much easier to fold out a half platform and sleep inside than use the RTT which really only comes out if my wife travels with me. I'd like to be able to mount a fridge and fridge slide on one half of the platform which would eliminate the ability to use the folding sleep platform in it's full sized configuration. If I had a half sized platform I would be able to fold it up when not in use while still having a "permanent" mounted fridge and slide on the other half.

I'm starting to look a little more seriously at drawers and I'm beginning to think a setup like this would be vastly superior to the original plan of a single ARB drawer so that I could keep one of the 3rd row seats permanently mounted for the 2-3 times/year I will use it when family comes into town. I'd much rather spend 30-45 minutes removing drawers and installing 3rd row seats a couple times per year for a full width system than compromise on a half storage/half seating system. Not needing to tie down to the factory 3rd row brackets is a massive time saver

Is it possible to get a half-width sleep platform? When I'm out by myself it would be much easier to fold out a half platform and sleep inside than use the RTT which really only comes out if my wife travels with me. I'd like to be able to mount a fridge and fridge slide on one half of the platform which would eliminate the ability to use the folding sleep platform in it's full sized configuration. If I had a half sized platform I would be able to fold it up when not in use while still having a "permanent" mounted fridge and slide on the other half.

I'm starting to look a little more seriously at drawers and I'm beginning to think a setup like this would be vastly superior to the original plan of a single ARB drawer so that I could keep one of the 3rd row seats permanently mounted for the 2-3 times/year I will use it when family comes into town. I'd much rather spend 30-45 minutes removing drawers and installing 3rd row seats a couple times per year for a full width system than compromise on a half storage/half seating system. Not needing to tie down to the factory 3rd row brackets is a massive time saver
Absolutely! This is becoming a popular configuration for a lot of people! Here's a picture a customer recently posted showing the exact set up you described. Our standard sleeper is actually split into two halves (left and right, joined together with some bracketry for full width) so you can choose which side you want for fridge and which for sleeper, and if you ever decide the change, or want to run without a fridge and full sleeper for a particular trip, you have plenty of options and modularity.

1637349703042.png

pssst.... 10% off ADGU Premier Packages through Dec 5, 2021.

We put off price increases as long as possible, but they all take full effect Dec 5. Now's your last chance at these pre-supply-chain-crisis-of-2021 prices!

1637724003523-png.2846754

When are you guys coming out with the new slide out tables?

Just gonna leave this here for now.... check back in tomorrow for more details! We think people are going to really like this...

Hi Everyone, I am pleased to announce the release of our redesigned Slide Out Table!

The slide out table (SOT) mounts to the underside of the drawer and extends to create a work surface. This is incredibly useful for prepping meals, gear, cameras, you name it! The SOT dimensions are 18" x 23" when deployed, creating ample workspace. It is attached to the drawer with large aluminum brackets, secured with 4 total screws. These will ship assembled, so installation will be simply threading in and tightening the 4 screws. We anticipate most customers will be able to install in under 5 mins.

The structure of the SOT is provided by aluminum extrusions, attached to the Richlite material work surface. The richlite is held in place using 3D printed Carbon Fiber brackets. The assembly glides along its travel with the help of full-length, low-friction UHMW tape and is secured into the stowed position with a spring plunger detent. To keep the system rattle-free while stowed, we utilize a secondary mechanism that wedges the SOT firmly into place under the drawer.

The entire system weighs approximately 10 pounds. The SOT can be used while the drawer is in both the closed and open position, and will not affect the functionality of the drawer itself.

We are offering this with free shipping for the first 50 customers, get yours now!

PXL_20211210_190353411.jpg

PXL_20211210_190417298.jpg

PXL_20211210_190521391.jpg

PXL_20211210_190348253.jpg

PXL_20211210_191043274.jpg

Last edited:
I know what i want Santa to bring me. Whats your estimated weight capacity?

I know what i want Santa to bring me. Whats your estimated weight capacity?
Also pardon the ignorance but what is the etched design in the table top represent?

Also pardon the ignorance but what is the etched design in the table top represent?
The circles are cupholders and the box is a juice groove (for those that want to use it as a cutting board) with a little mountain range accent at the very back edge.

And then the handle cutout is a handle, haha.

Reserve Your Birch! Global supply of Baltic Birch, our primary building material, is threatened due to world events. Place your order ASAP to reserve materials for your builds this spring. We have multiple alternative materials, but ALL of them will result in a price higher than current prices.

We have some material on hand, but industry chatter says nationwide supply may be completely gone soon. Lock in your system now while we can hold our current pricing!

cfe20cea-270f-4cd8-b743-93f940116890.jpg

I’ve got two sheets of 1/2 Baltic Birch and two of the metal cans of AHC fluid stashed in my garage. Feels like I won the lottery.
Reserve Your Birch! Global supply of Baltic Birch, our primary building material, is threatened due to world events. Place your order ASAP to reserve materials for your builds this spring. We have multiple alternative materials, but ALL of them will result in a price higher than current prices.

We have some material on hand, but industry chatter says nationwide supply may be completely gone soon. Lock in your system now while we can hold our current pricing!

View attachment 2948434

I’ve got two sheets of 1/2 Baltic Birch and two of the metal cans of AHC fluid stashed in my garage. Feels like I won the lottery.
Hope you've got a security system! Might as well be a bar of gold by April at this pace!

View attachment 2797794
Andy from ADGU worked with me to build this full system that can also be a converted to a half system. I also had them add some L-Track as well.
- Amazingly flexible setup and the drawers hold a ton of stuff. They come all the way out and lock which is nice when trying to access things in the back. Easy to remove one or both drawers if needing to haul other things.
- Packaging was great.
- Instructions were good overall and when I reached out for verification on a few steps almost instant response. Allow plenty of time to build and install but I didn’t find it difficult.
- L-Track makes it so easy to find a mounting spot.
- Has the sleeper setup but cut in half so running just the drivers side at the moment (not installed yet in photo). Was able to put a Gazelle Gazebo pop up shelter on the platform and sleeper and close the tailgate.
- Not cheap but checks so many boxes other systems can’t for my needs.
This setup looks amazing. Where are the sleeping platforms??? I'm very interested in the option for a 1/2 person sleeper at times.

Is this some kind of bedliner you spray on the wood?
If you show me which picture or part you're asking about I can clarify what you're seeing. We've used bedliner, Monocoat (a really nice oil), carpet, commercial "pre-finish" all on the top surfaces. On the drawer faces we use HDPE "marineboard" and then the slide out tables are Richlite (a brand of phenolic).
This setup looks amazing. Where are the sleeping platforms??? I'm very interested in the option for a 1/2 person sleeper at times.
There are no sleeper panels installed in that picture. With that track setup I remember that the sleepers didn't quite fold flat with the tracks in place.

Our standard sleepers are now configurable by the customer. We split the panels down the middle and brace them together with a couple nice recessed stainless steel plates. That way you can change from 1 sleeper side, 2 sides separate, both sides combined into one full panel, etc... They're also removeable and they fold up vertically behind the 2nd row seats if you have a fridge or something else you want to hard-mount to the top of the platform. It's a pretty versatile setup we've settled on!

If you show me which picture or part you're asking about I can clarify what you're seeing. We've used bedliner, Monocoat (a really nice oil), carpet, commercial "pre-finish" all on the top surfaces. On the drawer faces we use HDPE "marineboard" and then the slide out tables are Richlite (a brand of phenolic).

There are no sleeper panels installed in that picture. With that track setup I remember that the sleepers didn't quite fold flat with the tracks in place.

Our standard sleepers are now configurable by the customer. We split the panels down the middle and brace them together with a couple nice recessed stainless steel plates. That way you can change from 1 sleeper side, 2 sides separate, both sides combined into one full panel, etc... They're also removeable and they fold up vertically behind the 2nd row seats if you have a fridge or something else you want to hard-mount to the top of the platform. It's a pretty versatile setup we've settled on!
Ahh okok now I see. Tought that the drawer faces have some kind of rough surface like a bedliner when I was looking at the pics from my smartphone.
Nice idea with the Richlite for the slide out since it doesnt need to hold that much weight.
I really need to work with mor different materials on my next build of my campingbox.

New product alert! We are happy to share our newest product, the 'Dedicated Kitchen'.

This robust and expansive product allows you to mount a fridge on top, store a stove or other shallow items in the middle and prepare food or set a drink (or twelve!) on the Slide Out Table below.

The Dedicated Kitchen includes three stages with a total of 89" of extension.

Stage 1 (fridge slide): This is intended to house commonly available fridges. The entire surface extends to provide access to your fridge outside of the vehicle. It has 36inch travel locking slides with proprietary Air Down Gear Up stainless steel ball detents to hold the slides firmly in place when deployed. Additionally, the detents sound awesome when being cycled; we haven't yet tired of hearing them! Tie-down provisions are included with 1/4" aluminum rails front and back, allowing common straps, brackets, etc. to secure your fridge to the system. The floor of this stage is made from textured HDPE and is impervious to liquids.

Stage 2 (stove tray): This is a low-profile tray that is intended to house a dual-burner stove. 30inches of travel on this stage provides great cooking space for your favorite camp stove. Proprietary stainless steel ball detents are used to help this stage stay both closed and open. The internal space is 32"x13.25" and accommodates most available camp stoves on the market. Height is 4.25". The floor is made from Richlite with a heat resistance up to 350F!

Stage 3 (slide out table): This is our existing slide out table slightly adapted to interface with the kitchen module. It is 13.75" wide with 23" of extension and made of Richlite with a heat resistance of 350F. This creates an additional work surface, which is hugely beneficial during meal prep, (and any time really!) providing a surface for plates, utensils, etc.

Purchase this Dedicated Kitchen as a standalone item or as an upgrade in place of one drawer in a Premier Package system. In either case, the Dedicated Kitchen mounts to our vehicle specific solid aluminum anchor bars

All of these stages can be used independently, you can use each one individually, extend the entire system out, or any combination as your needs dictate. We put together a video providing an overview of the system, linked below. Some of the pictures below are from a 4runner because it is the same system (and that happend to be our first customer!)

20220318_142624.jpg

20220314_162352 (2).jpg

20220314_162403.jpg

20220325_135500.jpg

20220325_135412.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom