Aftermarket Wheel Thread (non Toyota, non TRD) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my rims were 20x9.5 et 0 btw... with the tundra front I had to use spacers in the rear to match the stance.

my rims were 20x9.5 et 0 btw... with the tundra front I had to use spacers in the rear to match the stance.
ET55 if the markings on the rims are any indication ;)

There's a bit of rub at full lock on the front UCA and KDSS bracket with the tundra swap and these wheels. I added a 1" spacer up front after getting the truck from Erich to eliminate the rub. The fronts don't quite stuff, but on the few times I've rubbed the fenders I've been going way too fast for the road conditions. I'm considering taking the spacers off, because the way too fast bit is only going to get worse:
1576021365640.png

I had a cts-v wagon with a roots blower on it.......MAN did it get crap for mileage. If I dogged it got 9 MPG, if I babied it it got 13. How much do you think this will affect your MPG?

On the positive side, at 60 mph on the highway in 4th gear, I could stomp on it, and all hell would break lose (MAJOR wheel spin, even with super sticky tires). That thing looks like fun!

I had a cts-v wagon with a roots blower on it.......MAN did it get crap for mileage. If I dogged it got 9 MPG, if I babied it it got 13. How much do you think this will affect your MPG?

On the positive side, at 60 mph on the highway in 4th gear, I could stomp on it, and all hell would break lose (MAJOR wheel spin, even with super sticky tires). That thing looks like fun!

🤷🏻‍♂️ There’s a reason I got the aux tank first though...

I’ll post more details after the shop finishes getting it on, for sure.

oops - confused the specs with the current ones I've got on the wife's car !.thanks Edward.... can't wait to hear how it all comes together once the blower and tune are done...... !! Are you going to do a snow's kit or anything else while in there ?

E

Looking for A/S comfortable lighter tire that’s closer to a 33” 11.5”width tire for the long highway drives with the occasional gravel and dirt road side trails. Or should i just stick with the current KO2? Some stretches of highway is very straight and flat for hundreds of miles on my yearly road trips. I can keep my speed around 85mph for hours.

Last edited:
What’s the biggest tire size that will fit in spare tire area? I’m buying LC with 35.12.50/18 on it and will eventually go down a size but in the meantime, I would like a spare that could get me home safely until I fixed or replaced the 34.5” KO2.

I've been looking at the defender LTX in LT 275/70/18 to fit that long road miles but still be a good size for lifted

What’s the biggest tire size that will fit in spare tire area? I’m buying LC with 35.12.50/18 on it and will eventually go down a size but in the meantime, I would like a spare that could get me home safely until I fixed or replaced the 34.5” KO2.

I have 285/75r17 that fits in the stock spare location. Not sure if that's "the biggest" but certainly fits no problem.

I've been looking at the defender LTX in LT 275/70/18 to fit that long road miles but still be a good size for lifted

285/70/R18 in the spare location here.

Has anyone run these Fuel Rebel 5 Wheels on a 200? they are 18x9 with a 1 or 20 offset. I'm highly interested in getting a set for the white 200 I'm pickup up saturday morning. I have had 4 LC/LX’s, but this is my first 200. Super excited!! I don’t plan in doing an suspension work anytime soon as it will be my wife’s Daily driver for a few years. I am thinking a 285/65/18 ko2 or 275/70/18 KM3 or ko2

39A4DCF3-5B0E-43E4-97F2-4728395C0A8D.png

A700FBD5-91DE-4941-BA8E-A20192ACAE62.png

Last edited:
Has anyone run these Fuel Rebel 5 Wheels on a 200? they are 18x9 with a 1 or 20 offset. I'm highly interested in getting a set for the white 200 I'm pickup up saturday morning. I have had 4 LC/LX’s, but this is my first 200. Super excited!! I don’t plan in doing an suspension work anytime soon as it will be my wife’s Daily driver for a few years. I am thinking a 285/65/18 ko2 or 275/70/18 KM3 or ko2

View attachment 2411237

View attachment 2411238
On the 18" option, the weight rating is only 2300lbs

View attachment 2411237

View attachment 2411238

The Load Rating of the 18 x 9 5x150 wheels is only 2300 pounds - too low for use on a LC200 IMHO. I would recommend a wheel with a Load Rating of at least 2500 pounds which is about what the Load Limit is for stock P285/60R18 tires.

gotcha. bummer. Thanks guys!

Ok. I've read through the 14 pages of this thread and I have a question that I haven't found the answer to. I'll be running stock suspension for three or four months, then installing the BP-51s. I'd like to put on 285/70r17 KO2s and 17" wheels now, before the lift. I've got a quote on Dakarzeros but bronze ships in 12 weeks. I don't like the look of the PCORs and they really seem unattainable right now anyway. I'd like find a 17x8 or 8.5, 5x150, 110mm with a 35mm+ offset (40 or 50 preferred), but that's hard to do with out coming back to the RWs every time.

So here's my question. If I run the 285/70r17 KO2s on 17x8.5 with a 25mm offset (no spacers) will I have fitment issues or rubbing before or after the BP-51 install? Would the tires rub on the fenders at full articulation? A 25mm offset in aftermarket wheels are pretty available but do they cause other problems I would have to solve?

It depends.

That tire size and wheel offset should get you minimal rubbing. You may need to do some plastic trimming , mud flap removal, plastic liner heating/massaging, etc.

Rubbing may depend a bit on the tire brand. BFG KO2s in 285/70R17 run a bit smaller than some other brands, for instance.

Rubbing also depends a bit on the alignment. The more caster that you have dialed in the more likely you are to rub on the KDSS and sway bar as well as the plastic fender liner up front, but also the less likely you are to rub near the mud flaps

After ~5 years of LC ownership and following the thread, 3.5 years of having a lift and dealing with rubbing, and various discussions and pics I've seen, there is no single clear answer, unless you run stock sizes and offsets.

This is pretty much the conclusion I have also come to. Thank you.
That said don't let me discourage you. If you're OK with removing your mudflaps, a bit of plastic trimming or re-shaping with a heat gun, etc, you can easily run 285/70R17 on pretty much any offset you'd like. If you stay within factory alignment specs (not too much or too little caster) you're unlikely have any significant rubbing on the KDSS or sway bars (and possibly none at all).

But if you don't like tinkering with things then your best bet is 285/70R17 BFG KO2 on RW wheels. That's the only combination I'm aware of which works without modification, as Toyota spec'ed it as a "supported" option 2008-2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom