Aftermarket seats in Gx470! What to do with airbag system??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone swap out the front seats for aftermarket units and successfully sort out the airbag issues? I'd love to get a set of these in the GX I just picked up. Worried about all the airbag wiring incorporated in the seats/bases and what happens when sensors aren't in the system.

scheel-mann usa | Facebook

Anyone? One of the guys I talked to said it might take a resister in the wiring harness to trick the system.

Check with Metaltech. They have mounts for the seats and the electric and safety stuff still work. Saw them at the overland expo. Super comfy👍

These guys make a plug and play simulator based on your make/model.

Yeah, the MT frame for the fancy seats should cover your airbag. Should also work with several options for seats.

I heard they have a kit via metal tech. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep the GX so I've cooled off on this for now.

I love the seats I have in my Sprinter though. Seats are just amazing.

I'm on the hunt for airbag emulators. MT kit isn't done yet. I will have a solution within a few weeks (if confirmed).

I'm on the hunt for airbag emulators. MT kit isn't done yet. I will have a solution within a few weeks (if confirmed).
Does your GX have side seat bags or just dash mounted? If just dash mounted then you can probably do what I did in my Tacoma that I put Corebeau seats in.

I got my seats and installed the driver seat. No airbag lights :)

Have to sort out seat heaters then on to passenger.

Heyyyyyooooh! I got the Driver in. Working on passenger tomorrow then sorting out the seat heater.

A71847A4-95BD-4565-BFD1-3E3E33076FC8.jpeg

I have a set of Corbeau seats that I'm looking to put in my GX470, but Corbeau doesn't show that they offer a bracket for the GX. Does anyone know whether the floor bolt positions are the same for the GX as any other vehicle? Or will the MT brackets made for the scheelman seats bolt up to the Corbeau seats?

I had a gxor member get fitted and run this. Would work with your seat.

B9FF337F-F3B4-4BE2-8C98-CFB01F1B237E.png

I have a set of Corbeau seats that I'm looking to put in my GX470, but Corbeau doesn't show that they offer a bracket for the GX. Does anyone know whether the floor bolt positions are the same for the GX as any other vehicle? Or will the MT brackets made for the scheelman seats bolt up to the Corbeau seats?
Which Corbeaus did you go with? I had them in my Tacoma. Great seats except for the side bolster you enter and exit on. It broke down quickly.

I had a gxor member get fitted and run this. Would work with your seat.

Thanks, I'll check those out. You think these will bolt up to Corbeaus?

Which Corbeaus did you go with? I had them in my Tacoma. Great seats except for the side bolster you enter and exit on. It broke down quickly.

I have a set of GTSii's that came in an 80 that I bought a few years back. I rolled the 80 and will be turning it into an open air wheeler and don't think the suede cover will hold up well in it, so I'm moving them over to my GX.

I love the GTSii seats, except that I have to tell everybody that rides with me not to drag their arse in and out of the seat. The thigh bolsters are great as long as you stand up to get in and out, otherwise they get broken down very quickly. This was the source of at least a couple dozen arguments with my wife when these were in my 80!

Dan have you figured out the seat heaters yet?

I wired the Scheels Mann heaters with their harness into the factory fuse and used their switches in drilled out blanks

The planted technology mounts will work with multiple seats. Has various bolt patterns. I am still working on the passenger side occupancy sensor. I couldn't completely fool the computer. I have a blank buckled in for now (to turn off the flashing light) and the airbag is active with the blank in. I am going to sort out the "empty" problem soon. I have 3 different solutions to test.

Metal Tech said they couldn’t make the occupant sensor work with the GX470, so they stepped away from the project. I’m still interested in Scheel Mann seats if anyone has another suggestion. Thanks, Steve

The planted technology mounts will work with multiple seats. Has various bolt patterns. I am still working on the passenger side occupancy sensor. I couldn't completely fool the computer. I have a blank buckled in for now (to turn off the flashing light) and the airbag is active with the blank in. I am going to sort out the "empty" problem soon. I have 3 different solutions to test.
Hi Dan,

Have you figured out the passenger side occupancy sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom