Additional Oil Cooler Pressure Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2F engine with oil cooler. Want to add an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, but still want to keep the stock gauge working.

My question is;

Can I replace the front oil cooler bolt with one like the rear (threaded for sending unit) and have a sending unit on each oil cooler bolt? This seems to be a cleaner solution than teeing off the current location with a bunch of adapters.

Looking at the bolts I don't see any reason why not. Am I missing something? Has anybody else done this?

thumbnail.jpg

I haven't done this myself, but I have thought of doing it the same way.

@wngrog did a clean install using a T fitting on one of his rigs that didn't look bad at all.

I have a 2F engine with oil cooler. Want to add an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, but still want to keep the stock gauge working.

My question is;

Can I replace the front oil cooler bolt with one like the rear (threaded for sending unit) and have a sending unit on each oil cooler bolt? This seems to be a cleaner solution than teeing off the current location with a bunch of adapters.

Looking at the bolts I don't see any reason why not. Am I missing something? Has anybody else done this?

View attachment 2810440
Maybe a simpler solution would be to find the oil filter bracket with a sensor location, as seen below:

iu

Last edited:

My question is;

View attachment 2810440

Yes this will work. I've done something similar. Drill it out and tap it for the sending unit or copper line. Will likely be 1/8" NPT.

Similar current thread in 60 series forum Thread Specs for OEM Oil Pressure Gauge Sender? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/thread-specs-for-oem-oil-pressure-gauge-sender.1266133/

Oh I forgot. This is even easier on the Oil Cooler. Take this plug out and go get one that threads into the same thread and has a 1/8 NPT hole

This is where I installed the sensor for the oil pressure sensor for a Dakota Digital

554E9BA4-5C61-4B3B-B700-BAF774031722.jpeg

0B5B0F64-2F3E-4012-934B-B0EECA11A6AD.jpeg

Although you're borderline redneckness thread territory.
Yes, I do have some borderline Redneckedness tendencies, but I was hoping that the iron pipe would compliment the cast iron motif that I established with the centerpiece of my engine bay.
Also, I had one of the shiny brass threaded thingies break once, at speed, either due to the stock sender bouncing around on the end of it or my overtorquing. FYI, a pressure sender falling off makes a mess. So I switched to iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom