Adding third row seats to GX470 that didn't come with them

Discussion in '120-Series Toyotas' started by Milpilot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Milpilot

Milpilot

A GX470 that I'm looking at doesn't have third row seats. Were third row seats an option or did they come standard?

If they were an option can I buy used ones and install them? If so do I need hardware for the sides and flooring? Anything else I need to know :)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    There is an option, but it is involved (not impossible). No rear AC though without major work. You would basically have to swap the entire interior to get it to work, including some body work on the floor to get the latch points, and the wheel wells to add the mounts.

Milpilot likes this.
  3. GXMac

GXMac

Media:
    Albums:
    Is it just missing the third row seats or did it come from the factory without the option? The 3rd row option had the rear A/C as mentioned above as well as 3 seatbelts (2 on the side and on the ceiling right in the middle) as well as latches on either side and on the floor to attach the seats to. If the seats are just missing there are plenty of people who don't want theirs willing to sell them. If your GX didn't have them from factory then it will be a very involved process and you will be better off just trading for one with them.

4. Milpilot

Milpilot

After looking at the vehicle closer. It came with rear air vents and what appears to be the hardware for the seats. A used car dealership is selling it and I think someone sold them for some cash :(

5. GXMac

GXMac

Media:
    Albums:
    You could see if the dealer will take off an additional amount so you can buy replacement seats. I didn't see any seats for sale in ABQ but I saw 3 near me here in Southern California on craigslist so it's common for people to sell them off.

6. inovashn

inovashn

Media:
    if its gray interior and you want to buy some in really good condition let me know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.