A sad story in pigland (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Panel trucks a 1 ton too! Very rare! Saw 1 on classic cars.com recently , great shape Black, dually Flathead , SOLD!! My opinion, women have always been better welders! They have more patience 😉
How much did the black tonner panel sell for?

They were asking 25gs! It was real nice I inquired but was under contract. Saw another 47 1 ton in Hemmings that was modified for Oil or Gas company. Think its still around 🙂

Mine could be for sale, but haven't listed it yet.... Email me... use this totally backwards...email in case of robots or russians. moc.dlanlsikcor@ttekciptm for the rest of you, same email but I sawed my 55 at the belt line and used my forklift to seperate the two halves. Then my wife and I drove the bottom half up to my ex wife's place for a glass of wine... or 4. she didnt even recognize it as her daily driver to take the 4 kids to soccer /softball/ football/ baseball/ softball practice for 15 years . Sheesh, girls.....,.,,

I was gonna start a new thread called 'last dance with Mary Jane.' That is about my last drive before the final sawzall episode, But I'll just add it to this one.... TRhis was a huge day to me.... What's weird is it still starts and dfrives just fine... directionals, hi beams, low beams, maybe I get licence tabs fo 30 bucks and rage about for the summer. Heck, I'm only 67 years old.....
mj2w.JPG
View attachment 2332086View attachment 2332086View attachment 2332086
mj3.JPG

My uncle did that to an old willys wagon that had rolled. As kids we loved plowing around the farm with it. It would be a great island hopper.

Any reason you chose the name Mary Jane while sawing your 55 in half. :)

Last edited:
WarDamn, you got that right! Sorry for the multiple images.... It always seems like it isn't loading so I try again. I am being careful with the mirrors. I think I mentioned that the driver side was bought from Toyota in the late 90's, pass side has the usual crack. Surprisingly the rear window, which I hadn't tried in probably 15 years (JIC), worked like it should. I may build some kind of 'depot hack' or something my grown kids can drive when they visit the island with the grandkids. Thanks so far for not giving me crap for chopping this thing up.

It looks like I might have some PMs but I am having trouble accessing them. I cut way more body off over the weekend. I have also taken care of the parts that some of you showed interest in. I am ready to cut the corner out of the tailgate, so let me know what anyone wants. I'll put up some recent pics in a day or two.

Here's the pics from today. I once had 4 employees at Mt. Pickett Woodworking. Now it's me, my wife and my youngest son. Gotta say we do OK. We used the stripped down 55 as a rolling platform as we processed barnboard for a 3 month remodel of our island's supermarket. As it's an essential business, we had no layoffs or slowdowns. I wish I could get a slowdown.....Having a blast with the old pig.

55 skinned back.JPG

55 flatbed lumber hauler.JPG

But what's with that bizarre tower at the gas fill? We never had emissions testing and now the whole state doesn't. Is it a 4 stage filter so nobody smells the vent fumes? Can I just toss it? I have non usa points dizzy and carb.....

I believe you'll still need a gas tank vent, but you sure don't need that thing. Be sure to plug the lines going to the tank or put a small air filter on one vent line.

But what's with that bizarre tower at the gas fill? We never had emissions testing and now the whole state doesn't. Is it a 4 stage filter so nobody smells the vent fumes? Can I just toss it? I have non usa points dizzy and carb.....
Vapor separator. It keeps liquid fuel from going to the charcoal can.
Yes, basically so you don’t smell gas fumes when it is warm.

island45 - I sent you an email, I'm interested in the lower front front fender

I got the email, thanks... I am being careful with everything, and both front fenders have good openings. Well not real good at the bottom, but you've seen the pics. I'll try to unscramble the PM thing here on mud. I'm good on fordbarn and ford truck enthusiasts , but still learning here. I gotta say you guys have a fast moving site and works real slick, better than a bunch of octagenarians on the fordbarn. BTW a '32 ford has a 106" wheelbase and so does a 59 rambler.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom