A pillar Gauge Pod group buy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im in too for either two or three..Gray if at all possible...

Thanks

i dont know all of what id use it for, but i would be in too

Exiled. I think you ment to say EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp.) Not EGR (Exhaust Gas Recycle).

That pod is kinda cool, but could you get it in brown or gray?

Dynosoar :zilla:

Sorry, it was late. Yes, I meant to say EGT.

Count me in, I'd prefer the pod to match the headliner color (which is neutral on all 60's), but color isn't as important to me as fit, there's always interior paint to get it to match later.

So I can buy the pod and then add whatever gauges I want? (provided right diameter). I need temp, EGT, oil pressure. If that the case, I'm in. 3-pod.

-Winslow

It's amazing what you learn about your engine - especially what heat soak is all about. The other thing is, as it's carborated, the vacuum guage will tell you everything about how well its running. Probably the most important instrument you can buy. It also helps you keep you mpg up if you drive by it.-

really? ive never thought of this... how did u hook that on up? like connected into what? i mean it makes sense just never thought of it.

I'm in

I'm definitely in on this! Very nice lookin pod in the first post.

What size gauges fit? If they accept 2 5/8 and we can get them in a 3 pod gray I'm in.

edit: Just read the linked page - 2 1/16" won't work for me, I've already got 2 5/8" gauges. However if it turns out that they can do 2 5/8 I'm in.

Been off the board for a little, here is some more information for anybody who is interested (I've used the JEGS website as it's a little better than Pepboys or Autozone's) -

The following link is for the 2 gauge pods (a 2 pod setup is about $29 and change):
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_752269_-1_10335

This is the general POD link:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_10335_-1_10331

and the gauges are on the following link:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_10339_-1_10331

I did do a little trimming to get the pod in properly, but this really wasn't an issue. Also, for the Mech Temp - I went to the plumbing store and picked up a galvinized "T" that would fit the stock location. I removed the original Electronic Temp sensor, put in the "T" and added my mechanical and bled the air out. From a strictly technical perspective, ideally, the stock fitting is supposed to be immersed in the coolant flow of the head. Putting the "T" on pulls it a little out of the stream, but I wasn't looking for a 100% accurate reading, I was looking for a "repeatable reading". In other words - if the truck is running 190 and the guage regularly reads 180 I'm OK with that as if something does go wrong, I will notice the temperature is outside of the norm, which is the whole point of this. To date, it's worked beautifully. For the Vacuum, I again "T'd" off the one of the lines coming directly from the Intake Manifold to one of the vacuum switches on the fender. I ran both the Vacuum and Temp lines back into the cab through the existing grommets in the firewall. Wired the electrics up and tidied up the cabling. Only a 1 banna job.

Slow and steady, I dont see toyota on the list and I cant get any number on there to match with you link, so which car did you use to order for the 60.

Rekcut - I doubt you will find pods specific to our trucks. Would be nice. I had to do a little trimming on my pods to fit them. Nothing like major surgery, but just a little cutting. I didn't order my pods from Jegs - I went to Pepboys and picked up what they had in stock - a basic generic 2 gauge pod, and made it work. Any auto parts place or performance parts place should carry them. Alternatively, pick up a Import Tuner Magazine and the local gas station and have a look - tons of cool stuff like these pods in there. Then it's just a matter of adapting it to our application.

Thanks, I thought you might have had a specific model that was the best match. I can just ask for a generic pod and not one for say a ford mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom