A pillar Gauge Pod group buy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thx. I'll stop by and see what they have to offer. Trimming seems a lot easier than a group buy. :)

I'm looking at doing this too..I'm going with the Autometer Cobalt series. The gauges look nice at night. Matches the newly installed stereo.

Let us know which one works out for you.:beer:

Georg never got his..

I wasn't part of the original group buy, I just ordered one of their site and got mine no problem.

I'm not saying there hasn't been problems, just saying I had none.

Other than the fact that I don't like how the top of the pod is finished or should I say isn't. I am planning at some point of getting some extra inside door trim and fitting a piece across the top of it to sort of finish it off.

Tim

I still kinda like my el cheapo one

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yours looks clean Mace. Looks like you took the proper time to install it.

all 15 mins..

Is that the Pep Boys unit? I'm doing this, but I have heard enough about the group buy to steer clear. A custom-made unit should come out better than that, no matter the cost.

A pillar group buy

What gauges did you put in your pod? I am thinking of a voltmeter for my main battery and aux battery. Any idea for the third cutout? All my factory gauges work well. I was thinking of a water temp butwhat adapters are needed to make it work?

Finally Installed!

I finally got around to installing my gauge pods for a month long trip in eastern NV and the eastern Sierras. I put in 24v gauges for trans oil temp, turbo boost, and a pyrometer. Install pic:

P9220471.JPG

I also did some other mods to allow the truck to handle heat better...

A SPAL 24v 12inch pusher fan (which of course required moving the trans cooler and modding the central upright and grill):
P9220481.JPG

Hood louvers to let heat out:
P9220480.JPG

Made a diverter for the windshield fluid to spray water on the radiator as a last resort for super steep sections:
P9220483.JPG

I have been using the set up for several days out here in the desert and its been doing great. However now that I have the pyrometer I am concerned about my EGTs. Its pretty hard to keep out of the red which starts at 1050F or so. What is a safe range for a 12HT?

So i put the vacuum gauge on but i really stuck on what the other 2 should be? I have all my stock gauges working. What do you guys think? Isn't another oil pressure and water temperature redundant, since the stock are working?

Finally getting around to posting up pictures....mainly since I finally got around to mounting it up.

The head gasket recently blew so we removed it, cleaned it up, new valves, removed all of the unused vac lines from the desmog, tapped and removed the aluminum galley plug and did it right. I decided since it was all apart it was a good time to do the gauges as well.

W.

IMG_8400.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8399.jpg

And from the outside....

IMG_8404.jpg

Now I just need to come up with a cap for the top of the pod.

W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom