A pillar Gauge Pod group buy... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So it looks like we have enough interest. What I need now is a trim piece that can be sacrificed to the mold makers. Anyone have a line on one?

They want an a-pillar plastic trim cover to use as a model for shaping the base of the pillar pod. The 60 series doesn't have a modern plastic a-pillar trim cover. It just has headliner material glued to the steel pillar.

Somebody needs to sawzall the a-pillar off a derelict truck so they can mold the pod to the piller and weatherstripping.

Look at slow&steady's first pod pics to see what I'm saying.

I have the Autometer replacement triple gauge pillar on my tow rig. I know other companies make generic versions but I think that the base of the pods are too wide for the 60 series pillar. Just by eyeing the one up on my Dodge and the 60 pillar I think that you would be able to see in behind the gauges through the windshield and at night you might get a glare off of the windshield when the gauge lights are on. I would rather have a skinnier, better fitting base and I dont know if they would be able to make the base skinnier while still holding the 2 1/16 opening for the gauge, but here's hoping:beer: Mike

funny, I was just thinking of using the left over pepboys pod I had for my alltrac project on my cruiser today, wondering how it would look. Doesn't look half bad. The pepboys pods are made out of abs and can easily be trimmed to fit, I was thinking that that krylon plastic spray paint would look good, anybody ever seen that in cruiser dash brown?

Well it sounds like we need a whole a pillar cut out of a 60 that is being dismantled... Anyone got a line on one?

Orangefj45 Has a 62 that he is cuttin up. How much of the pillar do you need and where does it need to go?

(be in pieces in 2 weeks or so)

yup. i'll be happy to chop the A pillar outta there and donate it to the cause! :beer:

COOL! PMing now...

I'm sorry, but what's the purpose of these guages? Looks neat though.

Basically, to know what your motor/transmission is doing..

the "gauges" your truck came with stock are more general indicators. It is awfully nice to know exactly what is going on with a motor..

I'm sorry, but what's the purpose of these guages? Looks neat though.

More specifically, this is why I want these gauges in my turbo diesel:

EGT: exhaust gas temp. If charging up a long steep hill, or when towing, its possible to raise temps to the point where its starts breaking down engine components. Its also a good indicator if your turbo system is cool enough to shut down the engine.

Transmission temp: The A440 automatic transmission is very strong but with the stock cooler is prone to overheating, again especially when towing, but also just hot weather and lots of shifting.

Boost: This tells you what your turbo is producing in terms of boost pressure. This one is likely most useful for tuning more than anything else. So as you increase turbo boost you can see what it does to EGT etc.

Good to know, Thanks.

I am in I just tried to cut to fit one of the 2 pods from autozone and ened up with 1 pod that kind of works. Let me know when and how much.

we got the pillar cut out of the donor rig this weekend. i will ship it out on wednesday.:)

I'm down for one of these. I prefer a two guage model, if that is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom