Builds A Newbs "New" 1991 1HZ Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get mine back from Paint and new rear bumper "before christmas" so im right there with ya. are you not near @wardharris and @torfab ?
I may not be too far from them. And I'm sure I'll be going to them for something eventually. I'm on the first batch list for that rear bumper so we will be bumper buddies.... wait, that doesn't sound right.

congrats on a great looking rig @PNWScooby. How did you find this rig and who are you using to import if you don't mind me asking. I'm hunting for a Troopy of my own and you found just what I'm looking for.

IMG_3738.JPG
Latest delivery is from Rob Smith and it's a small but powerful package :)
Thanks for pointing me in his direction @1978HJ45 . I am sure these will be a nice addition.
Also, the step by step instructions with pictures that come with the LEDs are a very nice touch and will help an electrically illiterate person like myself with the install big time!

Last edited:
View attachment 1360567 Latest delivery is from Rob Smith and it's a small but powerful package :)
Thanks for pointing me in his direction @1978HJ45 . I am sure these will be a nice addition.
Also, the step by step instructions with pictures that come with the LEDs are a very nice touch and will help an electrically illiterate person like myself with the install big time!

Any more info on these?

View attachment 1360567 Latest delivery is from Rob Smith and it's a small but powerful package :)
Thanks for the endorsement.

Did you order them for your Troopy or another Cruiser you currently own?

I pretty much snowboard all winter so I'll be hitting most of the mountains in the NW.
My Season pass is at Mt Hood but also some trips to baker, bachelor and the Wallowas are in the plans for sure. Maybe even meet my mom in Colorado for her ski trip in February. Basically what I'm saying is the troopy will be getting put to use IMMIDIATELY! Haha
Do you have a splitboard? Let's bc ski together when you come east. McCall is not far from Halfway OR. As the crow flies.

Do you have a splitboard? Let's bc ski together when you come east. McCall is not far from Halfway OR. As the crow flies.
A splitboard is needed badly. Ive been borrowing snow shoes and hiking up with a board on my back for a couple season now. I plan to get a set up before heading east for that trip. I will let you know!

as said previously, first on your list - and i would say urgently - is order and replace all the rubber parts... having lived 25 years in the constantly hot and humid northern australia, the move to winter oregon will cause the old rubber parts to freak out pretty quickly, and you don't want that to happen half way down the hill after a day on the slopes.

send me a picture of the troopy in the Mt Baker carpark... my favorite thing in my favorite place!

Just got it out of customs FINALLY last Friday night. It is every bit as rad as I hoped and more. More power than I expected it to have given everyones comments of N/A 1hz's being slow. Drives tight, straight, and is super clean.

So far Ive done larger convex side mirrors, new battery, wheels and tires, oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, greased knuckles, fixed non working wipers, installed stereo (back up camera to be added soon) and a bunch of other random tidying up, WD-40 on squeaky doors yada yada yada....
Next for baselining is trans, t-case and diff fluids once I can figure out a way to get better leverage on those bolts while laying on the ground haha. Need to get some penetrating fluid and let it soak on those. I have a ton of rubber parts (vacuum lines, fuel lines, brake lines, radiator hoses, bushings, belts etc...) on standby if need be but everything is good to go as is as far as I can tell, I will keep a close eye.

Next week I will be making new mounting brackets for the TJM bumper so it doesnt stick out so far. Ill have it mounted about 3" closer to the grill and 1" higher than it is now. Then on to powdercoat.

After those things its on to building out the back for storage/ sitting/ sleeping.

I will get around to taking some actually good photos of it soon but for now I am busy getting it all dialed in and figured out.
Heres a few for now... before and after wheels and tires changed and interior set up as it is now.

TroopyisHome-1.jpg

toolswheelslift-2.jpg
toolswheelslift-7.jpg
toolswheelslift-8.jpg

TroopyisHome-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom