A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Water proofing. I gallon used engine oil, 4 gallons of diesel. 3 coats. Trick from an old geezer!

IMG_6958.jpeg

IMG_6961.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all!!!

Angus has a Cylinder 6 misfire. Getting new plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, injector harness connectors. Finally getting to replacing power steering cog which has a nick in it. Replacing cracked y pipe and new denso O2 sensors.

IMG_7241.jpeg

It looks like your not going to SAS this year ?

It looks like your not going to SAS this year ?
Correct. @SipLife is doing an internship at Peterbuilt this summer and @Cowboy45 is geearing up for freshman year at Texas A&M. Lots going on. We might tour another part of this great country when we catch a break.

Remember, Michigan is beautiful!😉

20240204_155827.jpg

Bit the bullet. Not cheap. The right thing to do for the next 300k miles.

IMG_7295.jpeg

Cylinder 5 vs others

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7306.jpeg

They were all NGK. Looked like wierd arcing. Went in with Denso OEM. Yazaki #6 plug connector had separated from boot as well. Rotor and cap had some arcing also which are getting tossed and Yazaki OEM going in.
Looks like a one of those fancy iridium or similar plug$ VS regular.

They were all NGK. Looked like wierd arcing. Went in with Denso OEM. Yazaki #6 plug connector had separated from boot as well. Rotor and cap had some arcing also which are getting tossed and Yazaki OEM going in.
Of course it was number six needing the extra 😫

Of course it was number six needing the extra 😫
Ya you have to remove throttle body, heater valve, wire harness mount so that you can get to that plug. Had to use a forceps to fish it out of the plug tube because spark plug socket would not latch on.

I highly recommend you look closely at your injector harness, and make sure it's tied up correctly at the factory tie points. My '95 80-series wore through the insulation of an injector ground wire, which then turned on injector #5 every time it shorted against the bracket nearby. I ended up replacing the whole harness, as I couldn't find the problem until the harness was upside down on the bench. Fixing the zip ties would have been a much easier solution! :doh:

Good luck with the rest of your repairs!

Ya you have to remove throttle body, heater valve, wire harness mount so that you can get to that plug. Had to use a forceps to fish it out of the plug tube because spark plug socket would not latch on.
My buddy just had to deal with the exact same thing a month ago.

The extra work might be why there was a different plug.. A left over from another set?

Found some stuff that needed to be replaced while in there on Angus

IMG_7329.jpeg

Elves and fam spending some R&R in East TX. Touring the piney woods. Hit a neat coffee shop in Jacksonville TX called the Poastmasters.

Had a Cubano cafecito

IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7360.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom