A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snagged this for $50 local. Old iron Dayton. 1750 rpm. Been looking for one.

IMG_6698.jpeg

This is 2”

Nice find, looks like you are on your way to a Tool collectors Anonymus meeting.😉

And I should probably join you.🤔

Its just when you have the space……….

Its been a week since my last purchase……and I was looking at tools I didn’t need yesterday.🙄

I have been storing my 5 gallon bucket of Landcruiser bolts in plastic drawer based bolt storage. Frequent use and weight of bolts has damaged a few of the bolt drawers. Its not a great solution. Found this bolt bin nearby which is all metal. Will remove old labels and clean it up first. I like that bolt types will be visible compared to my previous set up.

IMG_6739.jpeg

Last edited:
Ready for 5 gallons of Toyota bolts

IMG_6790.jpeg

IMG_6791.jpeg

IMG_6792.jpeg

Last edited:
That was a 12 pack. Correct about not finding what I need.

What I noticed while sorting.

Bolt heads are numbered 1-11. Numbers 1,2,3 are not numerical. Number one has no marks on bolt head. Number 2 has two dash marks on bolt head. Number 3 has three dash marks on bolt head. Numbers 4-11 are numbered numerically on the bolt heads. Each number ID has three diameter shaft sizes. I just organized the bolts by bolt head ID. Within each bolt head ID, I organized by the three shaft diameters. Each shaft diameter has different bolt lengths which I did not separate out more. I would pick length as needed once I match bolt head ID and shaft diameter. Bolts numbered 7 or 11 are most often drive shaft bolts. I will match thread pitch on a as needed basis.

Last edited:
Took @Cowboy45 to tour CA colleges. Also took a trip north to visit the Avenue of the Giants. My ashes will be here one day. Its heaven on earth.

IMG_6824.jpeg

IMG_6827.jpeg

IMG_4361.jpeg

Last edited:
That was a 12 pack. Correct about not finding what I need.

What I noticed while sorting.

Bolt heads are numbered 1-11. Numbers 1,2,3 are not numerical. Number one has no marks on bolt head. Number 2 has two dash marks on bolt head. Number 3 has three dash marks on bolt head. Numbers 4-11 are numbered numerically on the bolt heads. Each number ID has three diameter shaft sizes. I just organized the bolts by bolt head ID. Within each bolt head ID, I organized by the three shaft diameters. Each shaft diameter has different bolt lengths which I did not separate out more. I would pick length as needed once I match bolt head ID and shaft diameter. Bolts numbered 7 or 11 are most often drive shaft bolts. I will match thread pitch on a as needed basis.
You lost me at numbered 1 - 11….🤯

Decked the trailer. Ready for fetching 😁.

IMG_6907.jpeg

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6909.jpeg

Excellent, can't wait to ses what's next on the fetch list!
It became critical path. Nothing exciting initially. I have some carcasses in the back that need to crushed. A bent s10 roller chassis, an fzj80 body, a crusty canadian hj60 frame, and possibly an old chevy 3100 roller chassis. Also need it to place chevy 3100 cab and bed on while we build the s10 frame to put under it. Need it to get things to the sand blaster. Bridgeport mills weigh less than 7000lbs 😁.

Got this for some work on wife’s cruiser. Terminal 60 mod on nav screen. Closest thing to having Japanese hands.

IMG_6928.jpeg

Tiny terminal 60 at the end of the white rectangular connector

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom