For Sale 98 LC w/ E-Locker @ 175k near Baltimore, MD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1998 Land Cruiser w/ 175,000 miles. Purchased spring of 2015 at ~155,000 miles. Exterior and interior both in good shape - no damage to clear coat and no tears in the leather. Some rust underneath - has spent its life in the northeast. Oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic oil and filter every 5k miles; driveline lubricated at the same time. Motor and transmission very smooth. Just installed new engine and cabin air filters. HAS REAR E-LOCKER! Also has 3rd row seats. Windshield and sunroof were replaced last year thanks to an earthbound tree branch. Had one coil pack go bad - replaced with OEM and truck comes with a BRAND NEW OEM spare. Was taken through touchless car wash with undercarriage rinse after every winter storm event.

Services performed/parts replaced after purchase:

- Rotors and pads front and rear
- Steering rack bushings
- NGK spark plugs
- Transmission fluid w/ Mobil 1 ATF
- Oil changed in both differentials and transfer case
- Power steering fluid changed w/ Mobil 1 ATF
- Hood and lift gate struts
- Bosch wiper blades
- New OEM fog lights (originals were nasty)
- A/C recharged
- Catalytic converter heat shields
- Cleaned MAF and throttle body

Modifications:

- 285/75/16 Cooper ST tires x 5 (lots of tread left)
- OME shocks and 865 rear springs
- Extended breather lines
- Thule roof rack with square load bars
- Removed running boards and added front mud guards
- Center differential can be unlocked in 4LO
- WeatherTech front floor mats

Current issues:

- Passenger CV boot tore this week
- Upper radiator hose weeping at clamp - no noticeable coolant loss

Truck is currently a daily driver and has been maintained as such. Just purchased a house and with it a longer commute - a more fuel efficient vehicle is in my future. Hoping to find a good home for the LC. Will get pictures to post up tomorrow! PM me if there are specific shots you would like to see. Asking $10,000 OBO

Thanks for looking!

UPDATE:

Uploading photos now. Remembered some additional things that were important to me when purchasing:

- All electronics working including: center and rear diff locks, seat heaters, stereo/speakers/antenna, all windows including sunroof, power seats (except driver seat lumbar support, but it's comfy the way it is:))
- Doesn't leak any fluids onto my driveway
- Valve cover gaskets have some oil around them. I've never noticed any oil loss on the dipstick nor any leaks underneath. Checked torqued on bolts every oil change.
- Replaced PCV valve with OEM after I purchased
- There is a rust hole on the rear-most crossmember between the axle and the spare tire on the driver's side (see photos). I had it looked at by a reputable body shop - they told me they could clean it up and weld in some plates for a few hundred bucks, but recommended I just clean out all the loose rust, cover it in rust-reforming paint, and keep an eye on it. The welds to the frame rail are still intact and thickest part of the crossmember on the top has not rusted. I took their advice and completely forgot about it until now. Needs some more paint for this season, but it hasn't changed in a year.

UPDATE: New parts ordered for install this weekend

- Rebuilt OEM CV axle from CVJ
- New radiator hoses to replace the ones that are weeping
- Intermediate exhaust pipe - noticed a leak while taking pictures underneath

May end up holding onto the rig for a while longer unless I find a highly motivated buyer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom