Builds 97 HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Cruiser Fam. Imported a MWB. Figured you'd be more happy for me than the wife. Clean little mostly stocker...90K KMs. All the maintenance records and such. Pictures not doing it justice. Good to be driving a Cruiser again. Still waiting for 77 1HZ parts so likely a month off from the reassembly starting on that. Updates soon. Onto a few pictures >

2.jpg

Won't turbo. Promise.

5.jpg

First modification this morning... Doug's Tub!

9.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

@FJ73Texas - Getting those EG seat covers on after work. Thank you!
@c2dfj45 - Can't imagine living without a hood strut kit. Get that installed tonight too. Thanks!

Need to figure out if the aftermarket Japanese stereo language can changed ASAP.

Not sure about this chrome front porch bumper thing.

B

Nice! Looks super clean. Front porch = Awesome
I got a brand new hood support clip, so I'll have to wait for it to break before I start looking at a hood strut kit :)

90000km???

Still brand new, love it!

Hope the EG covers worked out good. That is a nice 73 cruiser!

As much as I hated to hide that 90's print... the seat covers are in and work great.

1.jpg

Very few modifications. Stereo, center console thing. Extendo shackles. Pulled the shag console add-on the other day. New lid on order.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Front porch/tool bench bumper is growing on me. It is super fun to drive. Installed the hood strut kit and interior dome LED last night. Some little bits on order. Need to tow my little M416. So weighing options there.

As much as I hated to hide that 90's print... the seat covers are in and work great.

View attachment 3296010

Very few modifications. Stereo, center console thing. Extendo shackles. Pulled the shag console add-on the other day. New lid on order.

View attachment 3296011

View attachment 3296012

Front porch/tool bench bumper is growing on me. It is super fun to drive. Installed the hood strut kit and interior dome LED last night. Some little bits on order. Need to tow my little M416. So weighing options there.
I wouldn't think it will have any problems towing your trailer. Just need to hook it up. Do you have a pintle hitch or the "Hook, No.3"?

I wouldn't think it will have any problems towing your trailer. Just need to hook it up. Do you have a pintle hitch or the "Hook, No.3"?
Thank you. Currently has the tow hook thingy. Looking at just getting the OEM pintle bumper pieces and that Curt 2" receiver that matches the bolt pattern. Converted the M416 from pintle/lunette to a Max Coupler a few years ago, unfortunately.

Really good looking truck. Will enjoy following along your build! Sorry to hear your wife isn't quite as excited :)

Thank you. Took the wife out last night for drinks in it. She's a fair weather fan now. Being quieter than our wagon helped. Doesn't smell like campfire and diesel yet either.

Used Google Translate to go through some of the maintenance records today. Turns out it was owned by the Ministry of Peace and Defense.

5.jpg

Ah. I see. Thank you. Hook and ball!

Ordered the rest of the bits for this project yesterday actually. Did end up ordering the pintle bumper assemblies 52302 and 52303-60010. Hoping the bumper pieces work with the receiver hitch I ordered.

Dedicated most my time to the 77 today. Did manage to badge the 73.... hits a little different on the chrome. Thanks everyone that helped bring these to market!

11.jpg

Hello,

Nice truck.

The pintle hook will fit better with a split rear step. Yours is a single piece one.

Juan

Hi. Thank you. Those split pieces are on order. Trying to use them with a receiver vs the pintle.

500ish mile work road trip over a couple passes (around 5000 feet) the last few days. Did really well and a total joy to drive. Definitely feel like we should leave it as stock as possible now. Top has never been off... Would you pull it for summers? Do they go back on nicely? Doesn't look like all the seals are available.

Took a few pictures

IMG_8225.JPEG

IMG_8223.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom