94 value now to baseline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a plain Jane 94 cloth interior, crappy maintenance records one owner rig
This is the 3 rd 80 I have owned , I have been driving my 100 for a the last 5 years.
The neighbor knew the owner, toyota wouldn’t give her “anything “ for it.
He had looked at the service records , decided with all the stuff wrong oil leaks poor maintenance history. He was going to pass , now that I bought it I think it was a fair deal.
It’s a 94 with 285k
Runs drives stops starts has a really oily undercarriage.
Cloth interior is just super clean , was 1700,00
Is that a decent deal. I have been on the lookout for a cruiser project and with a half baked plan for a Toyota diesel 5 speed swap.
It seems like a good base , body is pretty straight. Not much rust , overall it looks good.
Was 1700.00 ok
More pictures tomorrow, when I say crappy maintenance, it was maintenances by a local shop that did a head gasket used Chinese parts , has a coolant leak, and tons of oil leaks
Would have liked to pay 1k but with lockers I wasn’t going to leave it

D937041C-3A27-486C-9B17-34ED66E6CBD9.jpeg

F8B231A0-C78A-4AD5-8121-2548D1BF453E.jpeg

Between the lockers and the cloth interior, you could make your money back parting it tomorrow. If you are up for a project, I'd say it was a great deal.

The interior is worth that much.

More pics of the body and we can give you more info on pricing. Sounds like you found a unicorn though. Not that I would be jealous or anything :flipoff2:

I am surprised at all the comments about the cloth , I would have thought that would detract from the value
Nope. Whomever Mr. T used as a source for that type of cloth had their act together. It wears like iron. Keep it clean and stain free and it's always going to be a nice little asset in the event something happens to the truck.

Everyone has trouble with the leather and there are no cheap and easy fab ins to replace them and some of the new skins look baggy to me and not as good as the cloth in the one you show.

Looks like a total dog, I'll be happy to spare you the trouble and give you the 1700 you payed for it though. :D
Super dog. I'll tell you what. I'll take it off his hands and I will pay you $500 to get it safely loaded on to a car carrier and then it will become my problem and everybody wins. You don't want to deal with this mess, trust me. ;)

I feel like your showing off. Running locked rig for 1700. Any one would jump in that.

Did I hear Cummins 5 speed swap.... yes please.

You got a steal for $1700. Like said before the lockers and interior are worth more than that alone. If you’re swapping in a diesel the motor leaks etc are a non issue. Good luck with your project.

I paid more than that for a locked truck with cloth that was totalled for parting out.

you scored, man. quit showin off.

jk, i'm glad this kind of deal still exists for those getting into the 80 money pit game.

I was not intending to show off , haven’t been looking at 80’s
I have been regularly searching for a 45 or another 100. I am glad everyone is saying it was a fair deal. It has a bunch of service history just not with parts any of us would buy.

07077AAF-663B-4955-8F2D-4BEDB52AF74C.jpeg

A9062FF7-CD3A-4E6A-8B57-E669C0C8FEDD.jpeg

C421134B-FE58-480E-AC8E-C450D9298F62.jpeg

20EC8F3F-68A8-44F0-A8F2-A6206D5D27E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Couple more no particular order, starts up and drives pretty smooth
Normal, visor issues , side mirrors are a lil wonky
Windows work when, dry but not when it rains?
Lots and lots of issues, both headlights have rock holes , windshield is bad , long list of issues. Coolant leak as seen in pictures
That will be no 1 item to fix
1F3FC76C-2C52-4058-9655-29380DB12EFC.jpeg
40F9CEBB-EFE2-4C22-B2FA-B57283D1139D.jpeg
9677D761-9D83-45BF-AC69-EB8D2069DE52.jpeg

34A8A4BC-D079-4868-97A4-33C11F88436B.jpeg

Last edited:
Nicely done! Fix the leaks (not that hard to do) and drive it.

Looks like a great deal to me. Should clean up well.

I am surprised at all the comments about the cloth , I would have thought that would detract from the value

Depends on who you are talking to, we have the inbred who cannot appreciate, fine leather and think the cloth is the bee's knee's :flipoff2:

Just trying to decide where to start with all the leaks.
Opinions on spraying this down with easy off and pressure washing ? Before getting started

594DE2D4-F6F4-4A9B-BACD-6D177B06DA6A.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mine was similar looking when I got it underneath... Just some ignored oil leaks for way too long. I did keep hosing it down with degreaser and power washing it several times. It's a lot better I still get pretty grimey when I work on it. I just clean a little more every time I'm under there.

Oh, and I think you got a killer deal.

Heck no! Cloth holds up like nobody’s business. Have had two 80s with cloth that looked great decades later. Even when looking at a rusted out, neglected truck, the cloth always seems to look ok - not the case with the leather.

Still regret not jumping on a low mileage, cloth 100 series I ran across one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom