8x Series V8 Swaps (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted this on my build thread but didn’t get any response. Anyone have experience with the rear portion on a front hub? It has a wear ring on it. But I’m thinking only the dust seal rides on it. Not sure if it warrants replacement.

70603220944__CEA9E8CC-8154-452E-91C0-A06825355AE7.jpeg

I posted this on my build thread but didn’t get any response. Anyone have experience with the rear portion on a front hub? It has a wear ring on it. But I’m thinking only the dust seal rides on it. Not sure if it warrants replacement.

View attachment 3325671
Your correct, it's just the dust seal that rides against it. Mine was in similar condition an I lightly sanded it with scotch brite to clean up the surface an ran a new dust seal.

Also, go ahead and print out the all the engine, electrical supply, and dash wiring diagrams in color and tape the pages together and start to become familiar with them. Also print out the pages that have what the connectors look like. So you can identify which pin is where in them.
I can't stress this enough.

Add in that I also chose to add a new passive keyless entry with remote start during the process...the wiring diagrams are your friend. There are some decent videos on YT as well. TLC94LS has a channel and I suspect he will have something before too long.

I am curious the weight difference with these swaps over our stock setup. I know my 6.0/4l80 will be heavier then the 5.3/4l60 swaps due to the extra trans weight but I am hoping it near evens out vs a stock motor/trans. It took me a while to get my lift setting how I wanted it.

I can't stress this enough.

Add in that I also chose to add a new passive keyless entry with remote start during the process...the wiring diagrams are your friend. There are some decent videos on YT as well. TLC94LS has a channel and I suspect he will have something before too long.
This is the one part that concerns me is tracing things out and knowing what I can remove...etc. Remote start and keyless entry sounds amazing but thats above my skill level im sure as I struggle with electrical stuff.

This is the one part that concerns me is tracing things out and knowing what I can remove...etc. Remote start and keyless entry sounds amazing but thats above my skill level im sure as I struggle with electrical stuff.
Don’t worry about it. It’s actually very straight forward. I will be showing how I did mine. Which there are multiple ways and probably better. But you really don’t need much. You need to pull off a Key IGN hot, Key crank signal, and batt hot. That’s really it. The rest is gravy, tach signal, oil pressure water temp. Fuel pump as well, I kept the factory set up as much as possible. I bypassed the fuel bypass relay and just used the EFI main relay. Which already was in use by Toyota. GM fail rails can self regulate pressure. I’ll show you. Feel free to PM with any questions.

I am curious the weight difference with these swaps over our stock setup. I know my 6.0/4l80 will be heavier then the 5.3/4l60 swaps due to the extra trans weight but I am hoping it near evens out vs a stock motor/trans. It took me a while to get my lift setting how I wanted it.
My LT1/ 8L90e combo is about 250lb lighter than stock.

Lots of Multimeter and Wire tracing. As I write this...I am doing exactly that.
For my swap I wired the key this way:
I have a Gen 4 with a E38 ECM
ACC and Key are spliced into the Toyota harness under the steering wheel. (This is way easier than you think.)
I grabbed the starter enable signal from the Toyota harness under the hood. (This worked before I put the keyless entry system in...now it is not.)
Pretty sure I have to go trace wires in the kick panel and unpin something for Toyota to kick the starter since I removed the RS3000 box
Conversely there is a Starter Relay enable wire from the E38 I can use. Pin 52. Not sure which way I should go here...will be a full day maybe searching here and or trying things out.

Hello everyone, can someone please help me with an answer? I’m working on an engine swap and I bought the adapter kit for LS to Toyota transfer case on my 92 80 series L.C. The first mechanic that was working my swap installed the 5.3 Vortec with a 4wd 4L60 e. It’s required hat I use a 2wd shaft. Can I just change the shaft to the longer 2wd without any other changes to th tranny. I do not want to have to but another transmission just for the longer shaft, if not needed?

Im sure it's been covered, I cant seem to find it. shifting my 4l60e without cutting trans tunnel? what shifters are being used? Winters looks to be the closest thing to a winner that I can seem to find

Im sure it's been covered, I cant seem to find it. shifting my 4l60e without cutting trans tunnel? what shifters are being used? Winters looks to be the closest thing to a winner that I can seem to find
There are many options here. You can keep stock shifter. It’s been talked about a bit here recently. Using a trailblazer shift cable. Routing the cable in an “S” shape starting towards the firewall I believe. I’m in the process of something this out.

I will probably make a video on it. I’m no expert, but I’ll show what I did and then others can chime in. There are many different ways to get it done. With them all being just find. I tried to stay stock as possible. Also depends on what motor you’re using. I’m not going to go into the ECM pin outs for GM. LT1swap is the expert on that. You’ll need to go to his website and print out your motor version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom