Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'PA- Keystone Cruisers' started by Pacer, Jan 18, 2017.
Maybe the stinger is not as extreme as that photo makes it look. Still option B?
Both options are great, I've always liked the stinger bumper look, I think with the exo change it fits in nicely.
The first picture gives me an Idea, place the front bumper on the hood like a front spoiler, best of both worlds...
The Exo cage with the stinger!
It would be nice if the stinger was a little smaller. But you need a winch!
Could play connect the dots in the future and go full on Aussie style with the "bar work".
Thanks for the feedback fellas!
I've been poking away on this thing, mostly collecting parts and re-assembling it after the fab work.
Got some new, aftermarket seatbelts for "Toyota pickup" off eBay, they came with nice metric hardware and went in with minamal fuss. The originals were roached.
Some rust prevention, converter work.
Made some nice, heavy battery cables and got it to a point where I want to drive it around a bit.
Lots of crank crank crank, some sputtering and running, but nothing consistent. Went ahead and yanked the carb, got a parts store rebuld kit, am just finishing that up. I didn't do a very thorough job of it the first time around a few years back.
Also found a repop replica carb on eBay for $86 shipped. I'll report back on my findings.
Neet sticker on the side of the air cleaner: Mr. T recommends 10000mi between oil change even with dino oil back in '81.
It lives! What's up next?
Re-pop carb arrived:
Get it start/running reliabilly, radiator/coolant, repar rear wire harness and install tial lights.
Then I want to do some fiberglass repair/restoration on the back. I want to repair and beef up the tailgate hinge area.
I'll pull the bed and cap again to seal it to the cab with some kind of gasket....
Reinstall rear windows and tailgate...
First thoughts of the re-pop carb ??
It's shiny and Chinese, it's heavier than I thought it would be. I'll tell you more tomorrow, stay tuned.
I have been using this stuff with mixed results.
Restored the gas tank which was disgusting inside and out.
Lots of elbow grease.
Looked like this inside:
Now it looks like this ^^^
Pulled the valve cover to do the gasket and orings. Set the valves loose while I was in there (cuz I was having troubles getting it stared).
All cleaned up:
I couldn't stand the casting slag and mold marks Toyota left on the valve cover so I broke out the files and cleaned up. Stopped myself going down the rabbit hole and polishing it....
Cleaned up the radiator and rust refomed the fan shroud.
Fresh oring on the drain.
I've used it for years in this format:
The secret is to keep it wet for awhile - which works better with the liquid and a foam brush (or old/cheap paintbrush). Knock the loose stuff off with a wire brush and then slather it with the rust remover. Then have something else to work on and just keep slopping some converter on there every now and then until it looks good to you.
Great progress, everything is looking awesome!
Your lucky in a way. Seeing the dual row timing chain made me think of how you got the good metal guides. The 22re got plastic ones that break and fall into the oil pan.
Won't be a problem for you much longer