Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 fzj80 Sage 40th triple locked
Michael
-
155k. I bought it with 144k
SC, OME heavies with 1.25 front spacer, ARB front bumper with Warn 12k, 4x labs rear bumper, snorkel, dual batteries, hand throttle
It sat for (I'm guessing) several years so there is a lot of basic maintenance i've been taking care of THANKS to MUDD.
Weekend fun, camping, Snowboard trips with the fam.
I'm a recovering Jeep owner. Always loved 80's and found myself in a position to buy a well built rig.

View attachment 1407425

View attachment 1407428

1. 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition. Factory front and rear lockers. Antique Sage Pearl. #2154
2. Chris
3. Moose
4. 128K
5. Completely stock and unaltered when I bought her in September 2016. It had only had 20k miles put on it in the last 10 years, so the tires were dry rotting. I've owned 40's, 60's, 100's and 200's . This rig is in such good condition with no major modifications that i am basically going to keep it fairly stock looking. I did put a set of 33" Goodyear Wrangler A/T's on it. Replaced the factory stereo with a Joying Android stereo system including a USB 4G connection so I can stream Pandora and have weather / real time topo maps in the rig. Has GPS also for street maps and the topos. Added a bluetooth ODBII connector to stream engine data to the stereo display. Pulled out the seats and carpet and lined the whole floor with sound deadening FatMat RattleTrap padding. Added Bilstein 4600 shocks.

6. Daily driver. Time travel.

View attachment 1417317 View attachment 1417318 View attachment 1417319

Both are beauties - mind sharing how you found them / any advice for someone still looking?

Recently acquired a 94 80 series.

Mods so far:
Horn
LED interior lights, reverse lights, and side markers
HIR headlights
Hood struts
Tailgate struts
Driver Door check/arrestor replace
Driver door outside handle replace
ac compressor
Middle seat cup holders

Up next:
ARB front bumper
Proper roof rack?
Rear bumper

IMG_2755.JPG IMG_2746.JPG

1995 HDJ80L
César Rodríguez
Cruiser
about 300 000 kms (not miles)
Horns, Kenwood stereo, snorkel, rear view camera, 4 10inch subs, DC to AC inverter 800 Watts, 6 1/2 rear doors, 1inch 4 inch and 5 1/4 inch at each front door
it came standard with dual A/C's, dual fuel tanks, no lockers, free wheel locking hubs from factory, non ABS, 1HD-T engine, cloth seats three rows
not in pic, recently upgraded rear coils, going for the front next
totally a DD, with lots of jams every day

IMG_20141201_151135.jpg

IMG_20141201_150117.jpg

IMG_20141201_150015.jpg

_DSC4122.png
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to introduce myself and my 1994 HDJ 80. Purchased it 3 years ago with 413000 km on the clock. Rebuilds include (but no only): everything below the body disassembled, chassis sandblasted and powder coated, bolts galvanized, every transmission component inspected and substituted as necessary; steering box; auto transmission; motorhead; turbo; etc. Improved mods include +5 cm heavy duty King Springs, Ironman Foamcell Pro shock absorbers, N4 underbody armour and 265/75 R16 Cooper AT3 (very good, by the way). I also installed a Kenwood TM-D710 GE V/UHF transceiver and am now in process of installing PowerPole connectors by the dash for connecting navigation instruments.

I travel often to the Sahara, either with the 80 or with my faithful BJ/KZJ 73 of 1988 (yes, I like old beasts). The 80 shakedown cruise took place in summer of 2016 to South Morocco, where it behaved perfectly across Erg Cheggaga with temperatures of 50+ ºC (122+ ºF). Happy with the experience, we took it for a spin to central Mauritania. The picture above was taken near Chinguetti.

I have benefitted of the Forum in the past, and hope to perhaps contribute to some of the very few unadressed aspects of our beloved 80s.

Cheers,

Cutrex

'97 Collectors edition
239,000 currently , got it 4 1/2 years ago with 197,000 miles
not locked (yet!)
Stock suspension on Cooper 285/75r16
How it all came to be - I was remodeling a home for a couple that had bought it from the original owner for their 16 year old son. I told them that I have always wanted one and they asked if I would like to buy it from them because their son did not want to take the time to figure out what was wrong with it! ( Battery kept dying, Windows wouldn't roll up or down, Dash lights and gauges wouldn't work) I did not need another vehicle at the time and said no... Two weeks later they called and said that if I was still interested in it to "Come and Get it out of my driveway!" I drove it home the next day and put a new fuse in and everything magically started working! Found out the dome light switch was not being pushed in all the way and that was causing the dome light to stay on and drain the battery. I fixed that and have never had a dead Battery! About a month later we drove it to Las Vegas from home (about 450 miles each way) My wife liked it so much she sold her '08 Honda accord and used the cruiser as her Soccer Mom Daily driver.

IMG_1175.JPG

Day 1
IMG_1589.JPG

and the fun begins!
IMG_1733.JPG

New tires after the front blow out and my wife gets in a near head on with an uninsured, just got out of jail, in a stolen car, girl texting! (apparently I need more Pictures of the good times!) I was able to fix everything with the help of the local dealer and Cruiserparts.net!
I am planning to start getting this set up the way I have wanted this summer. 2.5" EMU with an ARB front bumper and some sliders. The front mud flaps are on their way and the running boards are coming off this weekend! need to do some checking on a swing out that will work with the stock rear bumper. I have done the front axle/knuckle rebuild, oil pump gasket , new rotor, distrubuter, plugs and wires, changed fluids... loving it all!

1. Year and model: 1997 40th Anniversary
2. Name of Owner: Nathan Burdick
3. Name of rig: Slayer 6 or just 6
4. Mileage: 252k
5. Mods...if any: None yet, I just bought it a few days ago. Not really road worthy yet.
6. How the truck is used: it will be used as a daily driver and overland fun.

IMG_0537.JPG

I was pondering the idea of having something for the 80 series guys, and hijacking the idea from the 100's and 60's about a registery or picture album in the sticky section. So...here goes, hopefully we'll get it moved to the sticky.

1. Year and model
2. Name of owner
3. Name of rig
4. Mileage
5. Mods...if any
6. How the truck is used
7. Photo. again...small to save space :)

Yeah... if you look in the 60 registery, there is nothing really different between the two, but might as well give us something to do with our endless nights on Mud. Haha

This is not anything like the ROTW, this is for everyone and anyone who wants to show us their rig. Feel free to. That's why its here. Well...now anyway's.

Who knew all these cream puff 80's are still out there!

1994 FZJ80 Toyota landcruiser: ESQY
Purchased 2016 - 224,000 miles 3x locked
Bought this stock farm truck for $3,400.

Upgrades to date:
7 pin mod
CDL switch
18"

Picked up this 92 FJ80 w/ 240k miles from user mr jits a few weeks ago. I've just been cleaning it up, fixing minor issues, and trying to figure out what engine to swap into it. The rebuild kit for the steering box just came in, so that'l likely be my first significant repair.

Reddit-Cruiser-1.jpg

Reddit-Cruiser-2.jpg

Reddit-Cruiser-3.jpg

Reddit-Cruiser-4.jpg

Picked up this 92 FJ80 w/ 240k miles from user mr jits a few weeks ago. I've just been cleaning it up, fixing minor issues, and trying to figure out what engine to swap into it. The rebuild kit for the steering box just came in, so that'l likely be my first significant repair.

View attachment 1437104

View attachment 1437105

View attachment 1437106

View attachment 1437107
Hey Ryan, welcome! If you want help with the steering box, let me know, I've done a few and can usually get it done in an hour or two.

Mike palermo
92 fj80
To many miles lol 340k
Just picked this up two weeks ago for a project and new to mud. Runs great. Working on little things here and there.
76AF1D36-42AD-427C-94C1-D0E7A284BC58.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1CC3D2EA-D5A6-42C6-B12A-04159888A6AC.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey Ryan, welcome! If you want help with the steering box, let me know, I've done a few and can usually get it done in an hour or two.
Thanks for the offer man! I got it out and rebuilt, about what I was expecting, the ball bearings were the biggest pain in the ass IMO. Christ. And the big teflon ring; I chewed up the new one before I figured out what I was doing wrong, so I put the old one back in(it was in good shape). It's up and running, no leaks, waiting on getting the drivers seat back before I can test drive and officially call it a success, but it's looking positive so far.

1] 1997 fzj80
2] matt
3] Nancie
4] 167,000
5] light bars all around with wireless remote system, cb radio in dash, dvd stereo, dual power inverters, 200psi on board air system, train horn, front and rear air hose disconnects, air powered water pump, on board 30gal water system, chrome alloy axle shafts in front, 4 inch exhaust, high flow catalytics, cold air intake, rev limiter, electric fan assist, 5ton winch, 10 ton synthetic cable, bull bar welded to fram with 1/4 steel plate support, rear 5k winch hidden behind bumper, rhino sprayed floor boards on interior, emergancy strobes in front and rear windows.
6] every day driver, off road big and small, camping, 4x4 search and rescue recovery vehicle rocky mountains colorado.
7] upcoming changes> 24v cummins turbo diesel, 2.5 inch lift, new paint job, spray liner undercarriage, upgrade shocks..

20170412_222255.jpg

20160922_103908.jpg

20170101_165618.jpg

97 FZJ
Richie
TheGreenMonstah
You all know this Rig,and I still stay in contact with the original builder 2 owners ago.
Its a rebuilt 4.5 supercharged
lifted 5in on king coils Radflo shocks
with a 1in body lift
37in mud grapplers(nitto) and 17in ION rims
dual batteries IBS optima yellowtop/odyssey extreme battery upgraded IBS
JDM aux fan
scanguage

blue fan mod
slee throughout
HPS hoses throughout
constan torque throughout
custom built(by me) rear drawers
45qt WHYNTER FRIDGE
Blue sea fuse block
1000watt rear mounted inverter
etc.etc.etc
way to many to list.
12 smittybilt x20 synthetic
rigid duallies midnight editions
depo headlights going in(after I customize a bit)
ALL PROJECTS DIY AND SUCH CAN BE FOUND ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL TOYOTA LAND CRUISER
DSC00615.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom