80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greetings from my new home in Birmingham. I have made contact with Dixieland Cruisers. This club is getting reinvigorated, but has a long way to go to get to the Cottonland level.

I have mild to moderate case of 80-itis. I have read through this thread, and you gentlemen rip these things up like a Russian hacker on election day.

I am roadtripping to look at this tomorrow:
1993 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER landcruiser LOW LOW miles

Positives:
Mileage - checks out
LA/lower MS heritage - checks out
Stock - apparently has been kept without any mods

Negatives:
Color - although it is factory two-tone, I am far from a Bammer, so this is a strong negative
Price - concerning, but not totally disturbing for my intended use (putting another 100K commuting to work)

I know little about cruisers (but my 100 is doing great), and less about 80s, so I welcome any opinions or tips as I head down tomorrow.

Thanks,

Not so sure about it being a “factory” 2 tone

3rd picture, jambs are not color matched. Pretty sure @fjfodee is right

It may or may not be original , but it was a factory color combo offered in 92 and 93 only. Robbie “powderpig” rig was this color and i see another every day here in town.

20R paint code.
181 silver and 3h4 med red

I saw a nice looking white collectors edition listed in Mississippi somewhere. Maybe Facebook.

It’s a good deal for sure. Needs a bit of work though. It’s not white (it’s that gray color whatever it’s called)

Wish the guy lived closer.

@booradley let me know if this 80 doesn’t work out and I’ll help you look for a clean one local to us. I’ve had a couple in the past.

Also, your neighbor has a built 80 and there’s a nice 100 down your street at the end and a nice new 200 up the street. A built 80 would fit right in :D

One of the docs I used to work with had the same two-tone ‘93 in Hattiesburg. His wife’s DD. It was immaculate. I was negotiating with him, but he was in no hurry. They were looking for a Lexus GX. Then Katrina hit and he gave the 80 to a close friend on the MS coast that lost everything.

Also test drove a red upper, silver lower two-tone ‘93 in Ridgeland the next year. Great truck, but it looked like someone had jumped up and down on the roof.

On my '97, the charge light for the alternator has been intermittently coming on. During this time, it has never failed to start until a few days ago. I drove it home, turned it off to move it, then it started, the engine raced up, then died. I get no check engine light now when turned on and it doesn't start, but the fuses are good. I also found that the wire coming from the lug on the alternator is burned where it connects to the alternator; it was loose when I went to inspect it further. This was probably the cause of my charge light coming on. Could the burned alternator wire cause the no start and no CEL condition I have. Where do I need to start looking to get it to start? Thanks, Joe

Have you checked the voltage on the battery? If the main feed from the alternator wasn't connected, good chance the battery is dead. Put the battery on a charger, replace the damaged wire and see where that gets you.

Also, as far as I know, a bad alternator or wiring will not throw a CEL.

She dirty

22261732-6543-465D-9646-AF56CFCF1B96.jpeg

For Sale - 1997 LX450 Triple Locked, Texas

A friend of mine’s son bought this a couple of years ago. He is now selling. I found it for them posted on Facebook...maybe it was cross-posted here.

It’s been a great truck with no issues. Located in DFW area of Texas.

The Wits end Quarter panel mount I ordered several months ago just arrived yesterday. I decided not to install it since I am trying to sell my 80. At this time Joey is not planning on making another run of the 80 series Quarter panel mounts.

Extremely well made and allows you to screw any accessories to the wood panel and have it hidden behind the plastic interior panels

$265 (that’s what they sold for before shipping, which was $50)

Mine is brand new in the box
B4331B54-AD1E-44A7-932B-427E9ECD5CB6.jpeg

66D7D546-32C4-477E-B223-CF4150992D0B.jpeg

D472FEC5-410F-4838-B5D0-CDCAA2813426.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom