80 fan clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Quick question for Arizona 80 owners, are you all running the blue fan mod or is there another option. While reading it seems that most are satisfied with the blue fan mod but Crap after all our heat not sure what would help anyway...šŸ˜ Still reading and learning about the 80 and cant wait for a meeting to learn more in person which is way better! Thanks in advance.

Gary

Which clutch is on the truck currently? The big three for the 80 are a black hub Aisin, blue hub Aisin, and an Eaton. Each can be tuned and adjusted to achieve desired results.

Thereā€™s also the auto parts variants, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen one of those which doesnā€™t suck.

Which clutch is on the truck currently? The big three for the 80 are a black hub Aisin, blue hub Aisin, and an Eaton. Each can be tuned and adjusted to achieve desired results.

Thereā€™s also the auto parts variants, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen one of those which doesnā€™t suck.

Any chance you know much about the black hub? I am trying to determine if it's the good aisin or an autoparts special. There are no markings on the thing!

Any chance you know much about the black hub? I am trying to determine if it's the good aisin or an autoparts special. There are no markings on the thing!
There's a couple of pics in this thread, that is a black hub. I have one which has a blue colored hub, but is actually (mechanically) a black hub.

If itā€™s a black hub. Itā€™s a good clutch. There are a couple cheap ones which look identical but lack the Aisin branding. For a black hub, 12.5k to 15k works very well for them.

once you open it up, it's obvious - search for Kevin's thread in the 80s forum where he has side-by-side pics of all of them, with distinguishing features

15K in a black hub clutch works well in my LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom