$8 shaky mirror fix with 100% OEM parts - no glue,no zip ties! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice find on the oem equivalent!

I think my brackets are more of a long term fix and do not require a trip to the junk yard, and all the extra part swapping work.

Nice find on the oem equivalent!

I think my brackets are more of a long term fix and do not require a trip to the junk yard, and all the extra part swapping work.

@Outsane , nice idea, that looks great! I would go this route. For my situation though, the post the screw goes into was broken into many pieces - beyond repair. So, I had to go the junk yard route. I did see that you also have a small yellow part to support that screw hole post too. Also a great idea. I might have to order a couple of those.

Last edited:
@Zdeech thanks!

If you have that old assembly with the broken post, can you send it to me? I can use it to model a fix for that also.
@Outsane Hey man, that sounds like a great plan, I am for it. I am not 100% sure I kept it. I will look for it in the garage tomorrow, and let you know either way.

So can you use any of the 4RUNNER side mirror parts be used for the FSM (floppy side mirror) repair?

So can you use any of the 4RUNNER side mirror parts be used for the FSM (floppy side mirror) repair?
I'd have to look into it further to be sure, but my initial guess is a no. The portion that breaks when you get the FSM syndrome is part of the piece that attaches to the door itself if I'm not mistaken - I'm pretty sure that piece is 4-Runner specific.

My experience has been that the flop comes when the black plastic that holds the reflector on gets broken from overtightening the little screw at the bottom. The black plastic frame is brittle and the screw cracks it.

@Deathvalleypaul if you still have issues with the broken bottom post you can use these.

If your bottom post is busted i now have a solution.

View attachment 2112552

Sand off the bottom post, so its flush. Take your time.
View attachment 2112554

Install the bracket
View attachment 2112557

Screw in the provided stainless steel screw
View attachment 2112558

There is a passenger and drivers side

Go wheeling

Nice. I had to fix a shaky mirror on my t100, i used epoxy and washers, but noticed the mirror looks exactly like our 80 series and very similar if not the same as a 3rd gen 4runner mirror. When i get a chance, ill pull all 3 and compare.

Nice. I had to fix a shaky mirror on my t100, i used epoxy and washers, but noticed the mirror looks exactly like our 80 series and very similar if not the same as a 3rd gen 4runner mirror. When i get a chance, ill pull all 3 and compare.
Here's a picture of a 98 4RUNNER driver's side mirror

593374716.jpg

593374736.jpg

Lets see the inside
I would take it apart if I had it but I got the picture from my brother who thought I asked for a mirror from a 3rd gen instead of a 2nd 4runner. He was at a salvage yard grabbing parts for his 88 pickup.

Lets see the inside
As requested. My brother is inbound with the mirror motor assembly. I'll take more pictures when it arrives

image000000.jpg

@Rivman1243 Thanks, mounts the ge same way just a different configuration.
Well here's some more pictures. The aftermarket version is the one that I just accidentally broke off my Cruiser. I thought it was oem so I tried to remove it like a oem.

20191029_173019.jpg

20191029_175340.jpg

20191029_175350.jpg

20191029_173035.jpg

20191029_173103.jpg

Here's some more
20191029_173019.jpg
20191029_175350.jpg

@Deathvalleypaul if you still have issues with the broken bottom post you can use these.

If your bottom post is busted i now have a solution.

View attachment 2112552

Sand off the bottom post, so its flush. Take your time.
View attachment 2112554

Install the bracket
View attachment 2112557

Screw in the provided stainless steel screw
View attachment 2112558

There is a passenger and drivers side

Go wheeling

Any chance you can post this pictures? my bottom post just broke today :( (Of course... the day AFTER I put in my order on your website :rofl: )

Nice fix restoration
Full replacement for the lazy guys $39shipped
OE STYLE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 91-97 RH POWER REMOTE MIRROR TY28ER NEW IN BOX | eBay
@LandCruiserPhil do you know if the internals of the TY28ER are interchangeable with the yota parts? I don't want to repaint a mirror, just rob the guts for the motor assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom