SOLD '78 FJ40, Survivor from NorCal (1 Viewer)

Amazing how many views this has gotten over the months with no correspondence.

Last edited:
you ever fix the EGR?
So, this happened...
DSC_0003.JPG

TheHardWay

Ain't as easy as it looks
SILVER Star
I'm game. Can you steer me in the right direction? UPDATE Did an interweb search and found JB-Weld Hi Temp putty stick, and a good Youtube how to video, so I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for the tip Eddy!

Last edited:
On the way back together in under a week? Yes. Need a stud and some gaskets.

I'd like to do the other stud too but not thrilled to tempt fate, break it off flush, etc.

1578502711517.png

Last edited:
Bump. I've been driving this rig around getting it ready for a trip to the smog man, er, lady. I fixed a broken port on the VCV, and finally figured out to where this port on the HIC routes.

1596607623615.png

And the bottom hose from HIC connects to the smaller (front) port on the side of the insulator baseplate.

It should have been obvious, but I wasn't seeing the port on the insulator. This connection is not in the emissions manual as far as I can tell. The rest of the spaghetti monster I was able to map to the emissions manual without too much trouble. I replaced a few crusty vacuum lines too.

The smog lady said that my crusty air intake tube was going to fail visual, so I'm ordering a new one from City Racer and then it should pass without much trouble.

$14k obo. Please make me an offer. 2 years for sale and somehow my GF still hasn't left me. She's loving the 80 though.

So bummed I couldn’t make this deal workout at my end but Happy for the new owner. They’re getting a sweet rig !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom