'76 FJ40 Skinny Wallet RestoFresh (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow, it's been a bit since I checked this thread and you are cruisin' around, that's awesome, good job!

haven't done anything major in a while. got the winch line, fj mount, and hi lift jack installed (shout out to Steve for a top notch winch line and hook). also got the rear tire carrier finished and added a hitch ball. the weather is still great so I've been driving it a ton. not much incentive to finish the hardtop when it's 70's and sunny!
Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg

enjoyed the read !!!! nice rebuild---good looking rig!!!!

Not to hijack your thread but...

I don't intend to hijack your thread, but is there a Land Cruiser club for Georgia? I am starting on my 73 and would love to see some rigs to get ideas. I get lots of ideas here but I really like to see the stuff in person if I can. Also I'd love to know of a thread that had body working tips and how to sections. I do most of my own work but I am not a body guy by any means. Thanks for the great thread by the way. I am enjoying reading about your progress.
Brock

haven't done anything major in a while. got the winch line, fj mount, and hi lift jack installed (shout out to Steve for a top notch winch line and hook). also got the rear tire carrier finished and added a hitch ball. the weather is still great so I've been driving it a ton. not much incentive to finish the hardtop when it's 70's and sunny!
View attachment 582489

View attachment 582490
Twins?
P3150305.jpg

Wow, nice job man! Id like to check that out sometime. Nice work!
thanks! looking forward to getting the local club going - sounds like early April once Jason gets back
enjoyed the read !!!! nice rebuild---good looking rig!!!!
thanks- gotta represent GA on here ;)
I don't intend to hijack your thread, but is there a Land Cruiser club for Georgia? I am starting on my 73 and would love to see some rigs to get ideas. I get lots of ideas here but I really like to see the stuff in person if I can. Also I'd love to know of a thread that had body working tips and how to sections. I do most of my own work but I am not a body guy by any means. Thanks for the great thread by the way. I am enjoying reading about your progress.
Brock
Brock, welcome and all the best on the '73 build - take lots of pictures and keep us posted. Not sure where in S. GA you are, but we have just started a local group here in Savannah.
Established clubs are listed here: Clubhouse
Lots of good info here on paint & body: Paint and Body
Holy smokes! Looks like yours has a functional roll cage - it's on my list. nice cruiser :beer:

rocker panel repair

just doing small projects on the cruiser these days. I had four spots on the lower rocker panels (two on each side where the reinforcing clip attaches to the rocker) that looked like this:
IMG_0108.jpg
so, I cut out the four spots:
IMG_0254.jpg
and welded in some new sheet metal:
IMG_0269.jpg
The great thing about rattle can flat is that I can repaint this in about 30 seconds and it will look like the rest of the vehicle :) Of course the down side, some may argue, is that it will look like the rest of the vehicle :D
I haven't seen too many other 40's in person, but I'm assuming they all rust here?
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg

Great job man! this thing is sweet! If you dont mind me askin how much did it cost ya? Im in savannah, ga as well! Looking to get a fj. Any good places you go trialing that are close to here?

thanks - we're just starting a local group https://forum.ih8mud.com/groups/savannah-cruisers.html
our first event should be in early April - hope to see you there! drop me a line in the meantime if you have any cruiser questions - I'd be happy to help inspect any local prospective cruisers.

back in action...

ok, finally got back from Utah and got some more stuff done on the cruiser. i did some trading with a fellow mudder and got a warn winch bumper. painted it to match the frame:
View attachment 516855
a neighbor does marine upholstery, so she put the seats covers on - turned out awesome! I like the old school look with no headrests, so I'm going to wait to put them on.
View attachment 516856
I got the rear jump seats recovered too, but will probably go with a bench seat in the back for the kids. the HEI comes in the mail tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be cranking this thing next weekend!
View attachment 516855View attachment 516856
I realize that this is a very old thread but i love the color of your front seats, you mentioned someone that does marine upolstry put on the seat covers, MY QUESTION IS : where did you get the seat covers, i am looking and like your color the best? CCOT, SOR, or Cruiser Corp?
Thanks,
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom