Builds 75 Restoration - Divorce Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Consolidating parts that were stored in cardboard boxes that were falling apart. Bought some nicer heavy duty storage totes. Gave me a chance too to look at the inventory of parts. Lots of stuff I recognize, some stuff not too sure about. And definitely see some deteriorated items I'll need to buy some things for sure!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

AWESOME! subscribed:)
When I really started getting after my 12/75 40 Project, I found it nice to have all my small parts hanging in my garage. Looked like hell, but kept me from rummaging through boxes. I used "plumbers tape" and wire scraps. Hopefully you have a sandblaster or send stuff out. I wire wheel/flap disc'd vitually all my parts. Crazy:eek:

Your wife is going to kill you bro-but it looks like a fun project!!!!!

I lucked out and won these bumper mounts made by @reevesci for the Father's Day contest he had - the quality, build, and finish are ridiculous! So excited that these will be installed on my 75. It really is a shame that they will get painted and partially covered. Maybe I should chrome them so they really stand out. Or as I mentioned in the contest thread, use them as really cool bookends. So nice! And he is charging a totally nice price at $95/pair. Thanks reevesci!!!

image.jpeg

if its an early '75 it could have the ''3spd'' transfer case low range gear set in it yet.

I'll check with the PO - we're trying to track down stuff that has disappeared so I'm in communication with him. If the shifter plate on the glovebox door shows 4 speeds assuming it should be correct and I was told it was bone stock but I'll ask.

Edit: PO said 4 speed

So happy! The missing parts have been found! Got buried with other boxes under a table behind an old car. So that ends the madness (for now). Guess I should've been more patient as now I have a couple of duplicate items lol.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I like what the license plate is resting on! Good luck on inventory.

wow....here I am thinking this was recent (in most of our Cruiser rebuild timelines, it DEFINITELY is). So the first quarter of 2017 has come and gone. Any news? :popcorn:

P.S. from the look of those doors and parts, that was def a West Coaster. My '75 was as well!:clap:
:cheers: best of luck to you in the resto. If you need any part recognition help, PM me anytime

wow....here I am thinking this was recent (in most of our Cruiser rebuild timelines, it DEFINITELY is). So the first quarter of 2017 has come and gone. Any news? :popcorn:

P.S. from the look of those doors and parts, that was def a West Coaster. My '75 was as well!:clap:
:cheers: best of luck to you in the resto. If you need any part recognition help, PM me anytime

No progress unfortunately won't happen until I get more space probably 3 years out now. :(

That's a solid truck! Can't wait to see this come together.

That's a solid truck! Can't wait to see this come together.

I can’t wait either! But unfortunately have to wait... :(

Oh and my new color choice is Cadet blue. Not a common color and I really like the look of it... :). Of course who knows when I finally get on this project I’ll have changed my mind on color I’m sure many more times.

Whatever color you finally decide to paint it, I bet will look great. Looks like its about all there too.

Wow! That's awesome. Wish we would have bought new fenders as well.

Last edited:
Ya, hope you never hear the dreaded "You spend more on that than you do on me!":mad:

This the reason I let the wife decide we "needed" another FJ40. I found it on Craigs List. We inspected it together. She committed the monthly savings from going to Medicare from former employer health insurance which was about $450 a month. I let her prioritize the repairs. We both get our hands dirty working on Miss Scarlet. We've been together since I was 18 and she was 15! Got married after she finished college. Guess maybe I learned something in the last 49 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom