'73 FJ40 Coolant Overflow Bottle Mounting amd Hose questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought this fro Cruiser Corp Coolant Overflow - Bottle - Bracket - Kit - Large - FJ40 - FJ45 - FJ55 - Fj60 - FJ62 - FJ80 - FJ Cruiser - BJ - 1958-2009 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/large-coolant-overflow-bottle-tank-with-bracket?variant=12736734330946

Has anyone purchased this reservoir, and if so, wĵere did you mount it?

There is an inlet at the top amd an outlet at the bottom, but there is only one outlet on the neck of tue radiator. How have you rigged these two inlet/outlets up?

Pics would be great!!!

Idk where to mount the tank, but the hose from the rad goes to the bottom of the tank like in their pic. The tank should have a/f in it and has a full hot and cold line on it. The port on the top is to allow air in and out plus an overflow if the vehicle overheats or the system overfilled. You can install a hose to the top so it can drain to the ground instead of all over the engine compartment.

Here is a overflow that was installed by the PO in Louie. Doesn't look like the City Racer one. I'm not sure where is was sourced from. Looks like I need to add some fluid to the system. I will put it on the winter maintenance list.

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

Just bought this fro Cruiser Corp Coolant Overflow - Bottle - Bracket - Kit - Large - FJ40 - FJ45 - FJ55 - Fj60 - FJ62 - FJ80 - FJ Cruiser - BJ - 1958-2009 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/large-coolant-overflow-bottle-tank-with-bracket?variant=12736734330946

There is an inlet at the top amd an outlet at the bottom, but there is only one outlet on the neck of tue radiator. How have you rigged these two inlet/outlets up?

Pics would be great!!!
Have you solved your installation issue?

Pics would be great!!!
Here is a overflow that was installed by the PO in Louie. Doesn't look like the City Racer one. I'm not sure where is was sourced from. Looks like I need to add some fluid to the system. I will put it on the winter maintenance list.

View attachment 3463201

View attachment 3463202
Not yet, tracking down a short in the wiring right now
Idk where to mount the tank, but the hose from the rad goes to the bottom of the tank like in their pic. The tank should have a/f in it and has a full hot and cold line on it. The port on the top is to allow air in and out plus an overflow if the vehicle overheats or the system overfilled. You can install a hose to the top so it can drain to the ground instead of all over the engine compartment.

Good evening mr. caveman ,

- i will share my thoughts on this topic , because its one of my passions professionally , and personally , to catch and store , and contain all oem fluids ...

- i will give your medicine to you straight , its well intended , here so take it like that please ,

- that over flow u have recently purchased is simply a generic , Mcdonalds Grade , dumb-sh#t , " set up ,, ,

- you should focus on a OEM TOYOTA period era or newer mind set here- , you will get all the correct fit form function results as you KNOW i KNOW you do want and need ....

- in 1973 ONLY california had a over flow rule to have one PIO
port installed option ...

- the all OEM parts , and Extremely Professionally and well thought out from point to point will meet your needs and serve you well , Genuine NipponDesno 100% period !

- this is a NON-EVASIVE mount , no drilling holes

-
\
My unique OEM KIT form kit , addresses ALL your Handicaps and issues here , 100%

- please review the below , and the return the CIRCUS PEANUTs idea of what it is saying it can do , and the laughable black basket destin to rust , and say by by ,

- Your Land Cruiser Lifestyle is about to get way better here on this topic

- once correctly installed , ALL 100% of the kits contents will give you a issus free service life just ANY oem toyota Genuine NipponDenso product will

- follow my colored lines , red demo ghetto kit ,

green new plate steel bracket , HORD can stay there yoo m!\

YELLOW new over flow hose

- i have mailed out more then few to my Life-Long Mentor of TEq and Special Phiend @65swb45 , i invite him to share his entire thoughts and take ,
on my PIPE DREAM product , that i have had ZERO Call Backs for over a DECADE of it being made available ..

- THIS IS THE WAY

1698991647950.png

1698992219049.png
1698992239172.png

1698992204692.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom