6BT/ nv4500 1994 Land Cruiser build + full restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
And so it begins…

After looking for a while for a factory diesel Land Cruiser after talking with a fellow mud member. He slowly convinced me to go the 6bt route and do the swap myself. Soooooo… I bought a 1994 triple locked 80 series with a blown head gasket in semi decent condition with the idea of doing this swap. I sourced a 1996 12 valve ppump dodge Cummins and a nv4500 transmission for the new drive train.

The truck was in decent condition but before I turn to the cosmetic stuff I want to complete the swap And drive it around for a little bit.

367DBB80-913D-4438-856B-2F24E5786EAD.jpeg

9C13B807-6472-4720-9CA5-1BF1677D6FC1.jpeg

1A181EC1-EE92-42DA-8112-9B0D3BED9FB3.jpeg

62320D62-7DA9-4351-B2AC-856A9CD6D296.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a pretty good first post. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this swap.

And welcome! :flipoff2:

I just finished the wiring harness deletes on my cummins conversion and can send you my notes and info it that will help you expedite the process. PM me for my cell number. Also pulling the dash when pulling the motor will make the clutch pedal installation so much easier and speed up the wiring deletes as well. On my next land cruiser cummins swap, I'll probably go with a 2inch suspension lift and one inch body lift. The body lift will provide a little more room around the rear of the engine and the heater hoses etc. Good luck and feel free to reach out anytime you get stuck.

Next build, I will also use this type power steering pump with an external reservoir. It gives you more clearance around the steering gear box as opposed to the stock dodge pump.

View attachment 3220063

Yup! I got that same pump for the swap and using the Toyota reservoir. I’ll definitely message you about the wiring, I can do nuts and bolts but the wiring is where I’m gonna get really lost. What size lift do you have on yours. Mines is stock right know I’m planning a 2.5 inch OME lift down the road but might install while the engine is out if that helps.

Yup! I got that same pump for the swap and using the Toyota reservoir. I’ll definitely message you about the wiring, I can do nuts and bolts but the wiring is where I’m gonna get really lost. What size lift do you have on yours. Mines is stock right know I’m planning a 2.5 inch OME lift down the road but might install while the engine is out if that helps.
I put a three inch dobinson lift on mine. The parts list is on my build thread. Purchased the lift parts form Ozark Outfitters.

Next build, I will also use this type power steering pump with an external reservoir. It gives you more clearance around the steering gear box as opposed to the stock dodge pump.

View attachment 3220063

Does that delete the Cummins vacuum pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom