If the new tempered glass is like mine, then it's a tad thicker than the old stock glass. I think the new is 1/4" and the old stuff is closer to 3/16?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
Not that I've seen..SLO Cruisers has the correct rear window channel for the glass - no drag.
I am guessing that all our pigs were not made with modern precision. I got two sets of the tailgate window channel from SLO Cruisers. The first had felt lining and they were too tight. I ground down the back of the rubber to make it fit less tight but still had issues. He sent me a second set without the felt and I still had too tight a fit. I started to wonder if I had original glass. Was it cut too big? But it is OE glass. Maybe it is just an issue with my pig bit what worked for me was removal of the rubber channel. Didn’t like the idea at first with potential glass on metal but really the top tailgate rubber keeps it in line and away from the metal channel for the most part. I would 100% try the SLO Cruiser rubber first but if it doesn’t work…SLO Cruisers has the correct rear window channel for the glass - no drag.
Not that I've seen..
That’s interesting.I am guessing that all our pigs were not made with modern precision. I got two sets of the tailgate window channel from SLO Cruisers. The first had felt lining and they were too tight. I ground down the back of the rubber to make it fit less tight but still had issues. He sent me a second set without the felt and I still had too tight a fit. I started to wonder if I had original glass. Was it cut too big? But it is OE glass. Maybe it is just an issue with my pig bit what worked for me was removal of the rubber channel. Didn’t like the idea at first with potential glass on metal but really the top tailgate rubber keeps it in line and away from the metal channel for the most part. I would 100% try the SLO Cruiser rubber first but if it doesn’t work…
Mine were both 2020/21 so a while agoThat’s interesting.
My first set from them were problematic, and then he replaced them with perfectly good ones.
New batch?
New manufacturing?
Yes I'm aware they make them and I'm also aware that some have reported that they fit without issue.![]()