62 FJ45 SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan I will send you some pictures. I just did mines too. You do have the right parts. . Put your rubber gasket on the back of the lip on the cone. If you are facing the truck you should be able to push that cone through the hole. Then the metal ring goes on the back side of the bezel so you can run screws through the cone lip, the rubber and screw them on the metal ring. Call me if you have more questions

47CD5902-FEF0-477D-80B9-E30EBC4B5D34.jpeg

C8901D01-3013-4C75-A2AC-C35B2C0A056D.jpeg

0030BE86-344D-4B79-B065-75C0CC02D707.jpeg

37D2B62F-75C0-4343-BB46-6F1B0EDB5C2C.jpeg

Update on this build. I’ve been pretty busy. Most of it you can’t see but I did a lot of exterior parts and finishes just so it a little more presentable. Lol still have a very long ways to go but so far it’s been driving good. Still need to clean up a few things in the engine compartment as well. Here’s a few things I’ve put many hours into cleaning up.

1F04B846-E167-4A7F-BFDA-8D137BEA0482.jpeg
537F63B0-AC9E-4A68-B855-0D089638DBA4.jpeg
D6D0B80B-1016-4CB8-8642-83F28E631351.jpeg
C4F1CEAA-057B-40C4-8A7F-DF7D4C1FF644.jpeg

If anyone has any direction on fuel pump rebuild kits send it my way. Mine works but I think it’s on barely holding on. I’d like to rebuild if possible. It’s the fire truck model with the priming lever.

@HUNTER3DAN

I don’t know if this is the one you’re looking for?

FJ40 fuel pump rebuild kit - https://cruiser-cult.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-fj40-fuel-pump-rebuild-kit?_pos=1&_psq=fuel&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Truck looks great! It’s definitely come a long way.

What did you do to restore the horn button?

What is this strap in this pic? Is it only on ‘62?

View attachment 3061805

Great! I’ve seen that video. I do think it’s the same internal parts. I will check that link out. Thanks!
The horn button took some time. Like most the parts I’ve cleaned thoroughly with some simple green. Putting lot of elbow freeze into scrubbing what I can. Then light and I mean lightly sanding what it very tough to get of. Then go to the buffing wheel and spend lots of time there. Lol lightly buff cool down and inspect. Then buff some more.
That’s my process and I’m sure there’s probably an easier way. I’m just terrified of messing a good part up and having to search to replace it. Lol

I’m flummoxed wrt the VIN card with the 1964 model designation and the 2-FJ45-xxxx frame number. Those two are incompatible. That is not a 1964 model, it is a 1962 model.

But really fantastic work on this rig. It is becoming the early SWB template for original. Love the seats. Did you put the original burlap bottoms back in them? Great job!

And that strap is the way to “lock” the tool box. I think it was on all years with the triangle shaped tool box (through mid-‘63 at least, maybe ‘64 too?).

Do you have a horn relay? @hyhpe might have the proper Denso one for you.

Last edited:
I’m flummoxed wrt the VIN card with the 1964 model designation and the 2-FJ45-xxxx frame number. Those two are incompatible. That is not a 1964 model, it is a 1962 model.

But really fantastic work on this rig. It is becoming the early SWB template for original. Love the seats. Did you put the original burlap bottoms back in them? Great job!

And that strap is the way to “lock” the tool box.

Do you have a horn relay? @hyhpe might have the proper Denso one for you.

Thanks for that!
It’s very interesting isn’t it. !!!!

The story I’ve been told is these truck were built but some sat off the lot and the last digit was punched in the year it was up for sale or sold.
It’s hard to tell now that I’ve cleaned it but the first three digits are forsure engraved before the last one was stamped in.

Thanks on the seats!! And the burlap fell apart !! I tried and tried but that burlap was so decomposed it just turned to dust.
I got a couple times of foam and REALY packed the inside where the horse hair was and out high density on the top and side then stretched the covers on. I’m pretty happy with them.

I know there are early rigs with brass tags (attached to one of the lower VIN tag screws) that had the sale date stamped on them. Never heard of them doing that to the VIN plate itself, but maybe they did.

I know there are early rigs with brass tags (attached to one of the lower VIN tag screws) that had the sale date stamped on them. Never heard of them doing that to the VIN plate itself, but maybe they did.
Ya like I said that’s what I was told but who knows if it’s true.
This truck is full of mysteries and plenty of stories. Haha

Terrific work. This thing is a work of art!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom