60s with canoes and maybe other boats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

02121B89-122D-406E-91E0-47E69C1507EB.jpeg

Last weekend I made a trip back to Vancouver to pick up the cruiser. I could'nt drive over so I rode my bike across on the ferry. The Nanaimo boat is cancelled so I took the Duke Pt / Tsawwassen boat, so I had to ride my bike all the way from Tsawwassen to North Vancouver. But I had to cross the Fraser River, and the only reasonably close road goes through a tunnel, no bikes allowed. So I brought my packraft and paddled across with my bike since there was no way I was getting on a bus with this killer virus on the loose.

Here it is, the blue thing behind the seat. Life jacket and paddles were in my backpack.

View attachment 2311369

After doing the switcheroo, here is the bike on the packraft.

View attachment 2311371

View attachment 2311372

Luckily I got across before some big freighters went by.

The next day I hiked up Grouse Mountain and saw a grouse.

View attachment 2311374

Then after I packed everything up and got the cruiser ready I headed back to the ferry for the trip back. Packraft in the back.

View attachment 2311377
oh that's just awesome. Ingenuity is the hallmark of Cruiserheads!!!

love my mad river is that an explorer?

This one is a Freedom. I started looking last year for a shorter Royalex boat, Dagger, Esquif, Mad River, or Mohawk, and kept missing the deals. This Mad River popped up on Craigslist about 3 weeks ago and I jumped on it.

Locust Fork of the Black Warrior River (Alabama) field camp for the week. Dagger Legend was the canoe of choice for this.

View attachment 2345705View attachment 2345706
@Godwin , 👍 cruisers, canoes n campin'. life don't get much better eh? especially, if i assume correctly, when you get paid for it.
just curious, where abouts in alabama are you? my old boy lives just south of henegar

@Godwin , 👍 cruisers, canoes n campin'. life don't get much better eh? especially, if i assume correctly, when you get paid for it.
just curious, where abouts in alabama are you? my old boy lives just south of henegar

Yes this job related or I would not be able to do as much of it as I do. I'm about 25 miles E of Montgomery. Henegar is in a nice area of the state near Little River.

Spent a few hours paddling onto a remote location to do a little shed hunting. Only walked an hour or so. Found a nice elk and a tiny deer shed.
IMG_20200703_185131.jpg

Spent two days on the Locust Fork of the Black Warrior River this week. Toyotas were the vehicle of choice to transport boats. Here we were hauling out at Taylor's Ford on the river. FJ60 loaded with a Dagger and 4Runner a Mad River.

IMG_4811.jpg
IMG_4804.jpg
IMG_4809.jpg
IMG_4782.jpg
IMG_4801.jpg

Take out on the Conecuh River. Gulf sturgeon were jumping in the pool along the sandbar. Did the lower 8 miles of the Sepulga River; it flows into the Conecuh River with the take out about 2 1/2 miles below the confluence.

IMG_4992.jpg
IMG_4989.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom