60s with canoes and maybe other boats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 18 foot Grumman, we call her the Green Mile.

872c30c3-924d-49af-b3a9-11f8880890e2.jpg

Fence seems to work just fine. I'm impressed with how level she sets with the bike on there. How did you manage to do that?
Big ass rear leaf springs, OME heavy duty rear springs. To be fair the photo doesn't show her squatting much, but when you look directly from the side it leans a little bit. As for the fence rack, a coat of black rattle can paint made it look almost professional... almost :)

Planning on running a section of the Coosa River today to help some folks with a video project. As the sign says, "Boat at your own risk." At 8,000 to 10,000 cfs the river fun in the shoals, well today it was just under 30,000 cfs and we decided to abort.

IMG_5424.jpg
IMG_5422.jpg

Road trip yesterday to pick up another canoe, a 1980s Mohawk Rogue 14' solo mild white water boat. Hull is constructed with the good stuff, Royalex. I'm looking forward to getting it on the water.

IMG_5658.jpg
IMG_5659.jpg

Yesterday preparing to hit the water and do 14 miles on the Locust Fork in Alabama. I paddle the blue Dagger packed full with gear. It paddles like a barge when loaded. We loaded the boat at the top of the bank and slid it down the sandy, muddy slope. Great day.
IMG_6020.jpg
IMG_6021.jpg
IMG_6023.jpg
IMG_6029.jpg

Headed back home today and pulled under a bridge to check out another stream.

IMG_6039.jpg

Hi, Questions. For an fj60 with no rack ,what is the best rack for a 17 foot Grumman canoe on top of the 60 ? Also best way for the front strap not to rub the paint off of the hood .? Last question ,I need a new aluminum thwart for my Grumman anyone know where to get one? Thanks, Mike

Hi, Questions. For an fj60 with no rack ,what is the best rack for a 17 foot Grumman canoe on top of the 60 ? Also best way for the front strap not to rub the paint off of the hood .? Last question ,I need a new aluminum thwart for my Grumman anyone know where to get one? Thanks, Mike

Both Yakima and Thule make quality racks, look into those. May be able to find a used set on Craigslist, etc.

best way to get the front strap not to rub the paint off the hood is not to use one. 2 tight straps around the boat on the bars should be sufficient.

Finally a place to show off!
I welded these L brackets up so I could bring my girlfriend and I's kayak's when we use the RTT. The brackets are a two piece hitch receiver style mount for easy removal/installation, so they don't interfere with the RTT when its setup. If I don't have the RTT I just slap the 2 kayaks on top with a ratchet strap. I plan to make a 2nd wall mount that these L brackets will mount to so I can store the kayaks cleanly inside a garage on a wall.
20200820_104011.jpg
20200820_104030.jpg

Finally a place to show off!
I welded these L brackets up so I could bring my girlfriend and I's kayak's when we use the RTT. The brackets are a two piece hitch receiver style mount for easy removal/installation, so they don't interfere with the RTT when its setup. If I don't have the RTT I just slap the 2 kayaks on top with a ratchet strap. I plan to make a 2nd wall mount that these L brackets will mount to so I can store the kayaks cleanly inside a garage on a wall.
View attachment 2651286View attachment 2651288
Now that's a proper way to outfit a 60.

Cruisers on the Coosa this afternoon. Youngest son and I spent the afternoon doing a quick float down the Coosa River this afternoon. FJ60s were the shuttle beasts. Red Mohawk is same vintage as the 60s.

IMG_6328.JPG
IMG_6321.JPG
IMG_6320.JPG

On the water this weekend, did a 10 mile float, 7 on the Sepulga River until it joins the Conecuh then 3 to the takeout. Hauled the 14' solo Mad River and 16' tandem Dagger to south Alabama for the river trip.

IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_6522.JPG
IMG_6518.JPG
IMG_6507.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom