60 series....Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not too bad except the rod on the secondary throttle valve diaphragm was about a quarter inch too short and the secondary butterflies won't open all the way. I'll try to take the rod off of the old one and graft it onto the new diaphragm.
1512076965656891800666.jpg
20171130_151950.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, just ordered one.

Does yours have the brackets on the axle housing and threaded holes in the frame?

I was thinking that those were part of the 85-later tweaks.

The bars themselves only showed up on the 62s though.

No I will need it all. I’ll have to weld in the brackets.

Wonder if a front sway bar is the same....

@dnp does your parts 62 have the stuff?

Front is not the same as the rear.

You'll need the sway bar, brackets that bolt to the frame, and links connecting bar and brackets.

An option to welding is to acquire a later FJ60 or 62 rear axle housing and swap that in.

No I will need it all. I’ll have to weld in the brackets.

Wonder if a front sway bar is the same....

@dnp does your parts 62 have the stuff?
Yes, but I’ve been saving the 62 bars, etc. to do the same thing you’re wanting to do. I’ll look around and see if I have anything left off of that Grey 60

Yeah mine has the front sway bar but it still leans pretty good on corners since I’ve removed leaves ......

I think a rear bar would be pimp. I’ll find one. I’ve tossed a couple over the years.

I wonder if you could make an 80 series fit? I think I have one if you want to try

I wonder if you could make an 80 series fit? I think I have one if you want to try

Width would be an issue I would think the exhaust will get in the way unless inside the frame

The width is fine, you just weld the brackets on the outside of the frame (that’s what I did on my 80 axle swap). May depend on how the curve in the bar lines up with the diff on the 60 axle.

The 80 bars are WAY beefier than the 60 bars, too. It’d corner like a mofo.

I still have the spare 80 SF axle. I can cut the mounts off that to transplant to your 60 axle.

The only thing I have is the mounts on the housing itself. I was thinking I could cut it off, but...

I just went out and looked. One of them is tied into the coil bucket & panhard mount. You’d be better off buying a pair of leaf spring perches (which should be perfect).

You still need the bar, the rubber bushings, the clamp, the links to the frame, and the frame mount.

Maybe one of Jrob’s parts 80s still has some of this.

I had the rear sway bar on my 60 for a while (86 version). Got a donor off a FJ62. Rear axle had the tabs and the frame had the holes for the mounts. I would look on the for sale section in the main forum....seems like the rear sway bars pop up there or in the parting out section. It is a bolt in solution for the 86 and 87 year models from what I recall (parts off a 62 on the rear sway bar). I ended up damaging mine off-road and then removed it and traded off what was left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom