60 series....Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too much coffee too early.

I have to chase down a manifold/adapter leak that’s causing this high pitched noise you hear in the background but it’s just purring away seating the new motor. Pat suggested I let it Idle for 15 minutes and then let it cool good to oil the new motor.

The motor itself sounds tight! And quiet (compared to that other racket).

Here’s to hoping a reseal is all it needs.
:beer:

(and glad I didn’t fawk any of the wiring up)

Wait til you go to start it mid-January to check for poachers in the far reaches of Tilda Bogue, and you can drive away in seconds without the ***kin’ choke.

8AE81EAE-C089-4581-B7BD-AFACC5FD6FF9.jpeg

Got the snorkel intake installed

Thanks to my man Lou for swapping sides for me. Turned out perfect. About to install firewall grommet and put washer back in.

(Then tear it apart again to chase that leak)

I have to chase down a manifold/adapter leak that’s causing this high pitched noise you hear in the background but it’s just purring away seating the new motor. Pat suggested I let it Idle for 15 minutes and then let it cool good to oil the new motor.

The advice I've received for breaking in a new motor is to run it at 2.5 k rpm +/- for about 15 to 20 minutes to harden the surface of the cam and lifters, then bring it back down to an idle for a few minutes before shutting it off. Change the oil and filter. Check the timing, readjust the valves, and drive.

I've done two 2Fs and one 3FE this way.

@Godwin thats pretty much what I did. I am likely going to put a few more miles on it before I change the oil though.

It really runs and drives nice. It's still an overweight turd with 135 HP but it feels a lot lot better

Oh boy! Let's see how this goes. @cityracer may be getting a call.
20171130_092144.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom