60 series....Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale - 2F FJ60 Engine (Remanufactured Long Block)

I bought this.

My motor is at Jackson Cylinder Head.

$100 deposit on teardown and inspection.

If anyone wants this motor and my spot in line for a 2F rebuild let me know

I paid $600 for motor and $100 for inspection.

I'll take $400

Awesome
IMG_2149.PNG

The seller also has a Valley Hybrids Saginaw kit (minus the pump)

Nothing is wrong with my current pump but if this is a smart upgrade let me know.

If you ever have an issue with your current Toyota power steering pump retrofitting a Saginaw pump is the way to go. The @orangefj45 saginaw kit is the best on the market.

If you ever have an issue with your current Toyota power steering pump retrofitting a Saginaw pump is the way to go. The @orangefj45 saginaw kit is the best on the market.

It just uses the Saginaw pump and stock box right?

Correct

The seller also has a Valley Hybrids Saginaw kit (minus the pump)

Nothing is wrong with my current pump but if this is a smart upgrade let me know.

If it comes at any sort of price discount (or even if it doesn't), there will never be an easier time to do this than now, while it's all apart and off the truck.

I felt like my steering took a little less effort with the saginaw pump than the stock pump, fwiw.

More info please... Are you a 60 owner again, or did you just stumble across an old friend?

As you know, 60s and their owners represent all that is truly good and right in the world.

Thread Topical; Windshield (Low) Tech: Had my first opportunity to trade with Onur today on some OEM weatherstrip with the chrome inset channel (my otherwise clean 60 needs some new glass). I'm keeping the chrome insert because I'm anal that way, like shiny things and want it match. The head guy at Venable in Ridgeland is going to do the install and they are going to try and salvage the chrome insert once I bring them the weatherstip. If they booger it up (likely) I'll live without it for a little while or splurge for a new inset.

Shopping List for upcoming projects on my 60:

* Knuckle kit with wheel bearings
* New muffler and exhaust
* New Stereo and Speakers
* The balance of a lift kit (shackles, shocks, etc..) to pair with the OME springs I bought from Rob.
* Steering Box service (potentially reseal or replace).
* Overhaul of cooling system (possibly new radiator, fan clutch, etc..).
* New ignition/key barrel, because you have to say nice things to my key to get it to cooperate (I know you can hit it with a mallet to get it unstuck, but see anal comment above).

That should keep me busy for awhile. As I get to it, I'll post it up.

I didn't even know this guy in March of 2015.......

Leave it alone. It's a cool 60 and to make it into a wheeler would cost too much. You'd never get half that money back out of it and when it's all said and done, it'll always be a station wagon .......
Enjoy it the way it is! Take the kids, make your groceries and take your lovely wife out to dinner in it from time to time.

Bible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom